Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
added OZK, FITB, PNC, MTB and CI
Went 70 perfect cash today and into a money market that pays 4.25 percent. Market has ran up way to fast the last weeks. I'm thinking take the guarantee money while you have the chance. I still think the worst has yet to come and better buying opportunities are ahead.

fake rally in SPY QQQ all low volume, lowest volumes since December. JS lol

I did however buy some names who have not participated in the rally like RY, CVS, PNC, SCHW, CI and USB
I think you're probably right.
(03-31-2023, 02:25 PM)poneyboy Wrote: Went 70 perfect cash today and into a money market that pays 4.25 percent. Market has ran up way to fast the last weeks. I'm thinking take the guarantee money while you have the chance. I still think the worst has yet to come and better buying opportunities are ahead.  

I did however buy some names who have not participated in the rally like RY, CVS, PNC, SCHW, CI and USB

Very smart move. Volume has been very light. Something tells me a lot of shorts are going to come in very soon and a retest of the lows will come.

My wife and I have been thinking of doing this as well. And probably Monday I will make a move. Lots of banks offering over  a4 % yield now. I just don't trust this market and the powers to be.

Take your 4-4.5 % and wait in a year when prices are much lower.
(04-02-2023, 04:53 PM)Mr1share Wrote:
(03-31-2023, 02:25 PM)poneyboy Wrote: Went 70 perfect cash today and into a money market that pays 4.25 percent. Market has ran up way to fast the last weeks. I'm thinking take the guarantee money while you have the chance. I still think the worst has yet to come and better buying opportunities are ahead.  

Very smart move. Volume has been very light. Something tells me a lot of shorts are going to come in very soon and a retest of the lows will come.

My wife and I have been thinking of doing this as well. And probably Monday I will make a move. Lots of banks offering over  a4 % yield now. I just don't trust this market and the powers to be.

Take your 4-4.5 % and wait in a year when prices are much lower.
I think it is a completely reasonable forecast, and I admire your conviction. I agree we'll likely continue to trade in this range (which we're near the top of again) for a while longer -- this certainly does not feel like a breakout. Nonetheless, I'll probably just ride the waves like I usually do. Nibble on the bargains and daydream about a little trimming at the tops which I rarely actually do.
I will say, as long as I've been an investor I've kept a LOT more in cash than any advisor would suggest. I just sleep better that way, even though it has been "dead" money for so many years now. All of a sudden, it is earning non-zero interest that is giving me a nice little tailwind at the moment...
(03-27-2023, 08:39 AM)kblake Wrote: Sold out of JNJ

Bought LDOS, MTB, PNC and PRU

Care to share Why would you sell jnj? Since when I been holding?

I have been thinking to start a position under $150. I know they have lawsuit. Haven’t really looked deeply into the current status.
Initiating a new position in BAM.
Wanted to get my hands on the management fees generated by the Brookfield empire for a long time, but it was always too expensive to buy into it.
Now that they spun off the pure management part of it, I think it's a good time to strike.
As with all similar companies, this one will be volatile and as such I'm in no hurry to make it into a big position but this feels like an ok level to start building it up.
Added IIPR and EXR
Started small position in Pnc, PRU, trimmed oxy.
Used pooled dividends to add some more OZK following yesterday's dividend increase.

Now up to a 1/4 position.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
added to

bx
bn
bam
iipr
pypl
tsm
arcb
tsla