Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
New position in SOXS. CPI we’re not good at all. This market is being pumped yet again lol.

Some of these companies have rallied 10-20% on horrible reports and an even worse future numbers and growth. Way over bought on a lot of names

I’m not falling for that Wink I did buy some SWK, IIPR and added MED. Just buying beaten down dividend names. Not too many buys I can give in this market right now. SMH
(08-10-2022, 09:05 AM)kblake Wrote: Trimmed DE and took a large position in MED

And crimson has no idea how MED works. This is a billion dollar company that has helped millions of people lose weight. This is the best program out there and has helped many people that are close to me.  This aint no door to door service Wink I suggest you more homework lol

It's not just a mentor program. They market a ton of great products under the OPTAVIA name.  From my sister in law who use to weigh 380 lbs this saved her life and to this day she continues to use. it.

CEO just bought 12,500 yesterday to at $126.80

Then do explain it. Because the second I enter their website I get blasted with "ohh cool mentorship!" "become a mentor" etc. 
Their own description, on their investor relations website is the following:

"A Differentiated Model
Delivering Sustainable Growth
Medifast is the global company behind one of the fastest-growing health and wellness communities, OPTAVIA. As the publicly traded market leader by revenue in the U.S. $7 billion weight management industry, we have impacted more than 2 million lives through our integrated Coach model."

So at least they themselves very much consider this coaching model to be a cornerstone of their business, and a reason to invest into them. I would like to point out that this is what they are telling their potential investors. The actual product pages are even more filled with "wellness community" "holistic health coaching" etc. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but my point here is that they themselves do really seem to think this coaching model is what gives them an advantage.

So, it definitely looks like the tupperware parties of the 90's to me.
"Hey here you go, sell our product to your friends and we will give you a commission". This is what I was referring to with the door to door sales, it's the same principle: The company employs a large amount of direct salespeople who push the product in their own communities.

I have no experience of the products themselves. They could very well be amazing. 
I just don't see this coach based business model as anything revolutionary. Now I could be wrong and it could work in weight-loss, since it seems to be an industry where people are finding it difficult to make it on their own, but this way of marketing has been almost wiped out from pretty much any other industry. There is a reason for that.
Added some DTC in my trading account after this morning's earnings.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Added JNJ, MED and PXD

TROW having a nice run of late. That was a great buy a few weeks back under $110. BEN as well
Added some DIS on morning pullback under $119

Added VLO, CMCSA, MED, JNJ, and MMM

New positions in SNAP and HOOD. Mine as well. All these beaten down tech stocks are rallying lol
(08-10-2022, 05:02 PM)divmenow Wrote: New position in SOXS. CPI we’re not good at all. This market is being pumped yet again lol.

Some of these companies have rallied 10-20% on horrible reports and an even worse future numbers and growth.  Way over bought on a lot of names  

I’m not falling for that Wink I did buy some SWK, IIPR and added MED.  Just buying beaten down dividend names. Not too many buys I can give in this market right now. SMH
It is getting pumped bigtime and the VIX just went sub 20 yesterday. Someday it ends but for all of 2022 it has meant hold on for a nice dip.  The market is drunk again and I trim something everyday.  PS, yay for oil.  I need to trim that someday soon lol.  Blasted through my ATH yesterday.  That has happened maybe twice this year.  I will enjoy it while it lasts.
(08-11-2022, 11:12 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(08-10-2022, 05:02 PM)divmenow Wrote: New position in SOXS. CPI we’re not good at all. This market is being pumped yet again lol.

Some of these companies have rallied 10-20% on horrible reports and an even worse future numbers and growth.  Way over bought on a lot of names  

I’m not falling for that Wink I did buy some SWK, IIPR and added MED.  Just buying beaten down dividend names. Not too many buys I can give in this market right now. SMH
It is getting pumped bigtime and the VIX just went sub 20 yesterday. Someday it ends but for all of 2022 it has meant hold on for a nice dip.  The market is drunk again and I trim something everyday.  PS, yay for oil.  I need to trim that someday soon lol.  Blasted through my ATH yesterday.  That has happened maybe twice this year.  I will enjoy it while it lasts.

Agreed. I trimmed lots as well. And got out of trades.

I did buy some SQQQ as i think the market is in for some more downside and choppiness. Not a bad idea to hedge in case the market turns lower.

I now own SOXS and SQQQ

I'm also thinking of buying NEM. At these levels is worth the risk. I don't own any gold currently lol

Oil I'm staying in. DVN, EOG and PXD I own lots and have no plan on selling as they all continue to raise the dividend. I got out of XOM and CVX right before it corrected. Figured 3 names was enough lol 

VSTO Nov 25 calls are cheap - Thoughts? They have been active of late
(08-11-2022, 11:42 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(08-11-2022, 11:12 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

I’m not falling for that ;) I did buy some SWK, IIPR and added MED.  Just buying beaten down dividend names. Not too many buys I can give in this market right now. SMH

Agreed. I trimmed lots as well. And got out of trades.

I did buy some SQQQ as i think the market is in for some more downside and choppiness. Not a bad idea to hedge in case the market turns lower.

I now own SOXS and SQQQ

I'm also thinking of buying NEM. At these levels is worth the risk. I don't own any gold currently lol

Oil I'm staying in. DVN, EOG and PXD I own lots and have no plan on selling as they all continue to raise the dividend. I got out of XOM and CVX right before it corrected. Figured 3 names was enough lol 

VSTO Nov 25 calls are cheap - Thoughts? They have been active of late
I own 600 shares of EOG.  That will make me nervous if it runs much higher.  VSTO has great fundamentals but nobody will care soon.  Ammo still killing it but that is only a little over half the biz now.
Added TGT, TSCO, VFC, MED, JNJ, and STOR

Sold out of AFL, MKC, ADM and CAH
New positions in BAC, NEM and WPM this morning

Trimmed some more names that I had too many shares of
Used pooled dividends to buy my first share of TSCO in my DGI account.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Added more MED. Big insider buying

Also added GILD, ABT and JNJ