Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
(06-29-2022, 08:37 AM)poneyboy Wrote: Bought CCL. I know this will take time but at $9 you can make money.

(06-29-2022, 10:02 AM)divmenow Wrote: New position in CCL. At $8.40 its now at a all time low and cheaper then when covid hit lol . That MS downgrade told me we are near a bottom. I cruise every year on Carnival

(06-29-2022, 12:12 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(06-29-2022, 10:02 AM)divmenow Wrote: New position in CCL. At $8.40 its now at a all time low and cheaper then when covid hit lol . That MS downgrade told me we are near a bottom. I cruise every year on Carnival

Added COP as well
I am sure are aware CCL is pretty much fighting to remain solvent.  The Robinhood kids are broke so they may not be able to come in for the save. Be careful with this one. I would sell any bounce and do some DD.

I'm interested in this stock also. Simply because I do believe that the cruise line industry is not going away anytime soon. And it does look like here we have a generally quite reputable company getting beaten to the dirt and then some. I'll do some proper reading up on it during the weekend. 

But I'd love to hear a quick overview of why/why not, from both the fanboys and the doomsayer   Big Grin
(06-29-2022, 02:56 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(06-29-2022, 08:37 AM)poneyboy Wrote: Bought CCL. I know this will take time but at $9 you can make money.

(06-29-2022, 12:12 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

Added COP as well
I am sure are aware CCL is pretty much fighting to remain solvent.  The Robinhood kids are broke so they may not be able to come in for the save. Be careful with this one. I would sell any bounce and do some DD.

I'm interested in this stock also. Simply because I do believe that the cruise line industry is not going away anytime soon. And it does look like here we have a generally quite reputable company getting beaten to the dirt and then some. I'll do some proper reading up on it during the weekend. 

But I'd love to hear a quick overview of why/why not, from both the fanboys and the doomsayer   Big Grin
It's just been a rough few years.  They still have some cash left but the balance sheets have taken a beating for all of them.  They will probably hang in their somehow if we don't have much of a recession. Through the end of 2022, they will have lost about $23 per share since pandemic started.  Other than that I am very bullish.  Smile
Back in PYPL at $67. I sold way back at $190. We are now below what we were 5 years ago lol
My $65 BBY LO hit. Tax loss transaction - for the next month I'll be overweight. The clock is now ticking toward when I sell shares bought in the 90's earlier this year. This will be around around August 1. Then I'll see if there are other stocks I can tax-swap shares in.
(06-30-2022, 09:12 AM)cemanuel Wrote: My $65 BBY LO hit. Tax loss transaction - for the next month I'll be overweight. The clock is now ticking toward when I sell shares bought in the 90's earlier this year. This will be around around August 1. Then I'll see if there are other stocks I can tax-swap shares in.

BBY the next Circuit City  Big Grin
(06-30-2022, 09:50 AM)ConnerM Wrote:
(06-30-2022, 09:12 AM)cemanuel Wrote: My $65 BBY LO hit. Tax loss transaction - for the next month I'll be overweight. The clock is now ticking toward when I sell shares bought in the 90's earlier this year. This will be around around August 1. Then I'll see if there are other stocks I can tax-swap shares in.

I heard AMZN will put them out of business 15 years ago, and yet their financials are still more than good today.  It's almost as if big box can sell online as well.
Positions in MO, SWK, SCHD, XOM and MMP

Yup - it's been dead and buried for 20 years. Lot of folks don't know how to assess companies. Not that I'm a wizard at it but for BBY things are pretty obvious.
(06-30-2022, 03:59 PM)cemanuel Wrote:

Yup - it's been dead and buried for 20 years. Lot of folks don't know how to assess companies. Not that I'm a wizard at it but for BBY things are pretty obvious.
I have had this BBY discussion on a Dividend  Discord many times.  Eventually I got them to take an actual look at their last ten years financials, div growth etc.  I've done a deep dive but you can see in 5 minutes they ain't going BK this decade.  A few of them are nibbling shares now.  Who knows where the bottom is but they will come back with retails, and the economy if it actually gets slammed.  I am not expecting a summer miracle.  Retail is toxic right now. Is what it is.  I can't trade everything.
Today is that "magical" day when I got my single largest daily dose of dividend payments for the quarter. Nice to wake up to. I think I'm not going to go on a shopping spree of low price ticker names, but instead wait for a couple more weeks of dividends to roll in so I can buy another AVGO share. That will make this magical day even more magical next quarter Smile
Been closely watching AVGO as well for an entry point. Today might be the day…
Used pooled dividends to add another 7 shares of CMCSA ahead of next week's ex-div.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha