Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
Added VLO, DE, LMT and MU
Added a little BMO in my Roth.
I let E*Trade track my annual dividend total. Today I noticed the total is $20 less than it was a few days ago when I last checked. Obviously $20 annually is not that big a deal, and I've been expecting one of my equities to cut its dividend sooner or later given what's going on, but I've been checking each equity I have, and from what I can tell, none did. In fact SCHD is paying its biggest dividend yet. So I can't figure out this missing $20. Grrr...
(06-24-2022, 09:50 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I let E*Trade track my annual dividend total.  Today I noticed the total is $20 less than it was a few days ago when I last checked.  Obviously $20 annually is not that big a deal, and I've been expecting one of my equities to cut its dividend sooner or later given what's going on, but I've been checking each equity I have, and from what I can tell, none did.  In fact SCHD is paying its biggest dividend yet. So I can't figure out this missing $20.  Grrr...

What it from AT&Ts dividend cut?
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(06-24-2022, 02:00 PM)EricL Wrote:
(06-24-2022, 09:50 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I let E*Trade track my annual dividend total.  Today I noticed the total is $20 less than it was a few days ago when I last checked.  Obviously $20 annually is not that big a deal, and I've been expecting one of my equities to cut its dividend sooner or later given what's going on, but I've been checking each equity I have, and from what I can tell, none did.  In fact SCHD is paying its biggest dividend yet. So I can't figure out this missing $20.  Grrr...

What it from AT&Ts dividend cut?

I actually got out of AT&T soon after the spin off (which turned out to be not so bright), but anyway that cut happened a while back now, and when it did, it was several hundred dollars in difference, not just $20.

Sometimes the forecast on the next year's worth of dividends fluctuates due to payout days falling on weekends and what not, so it might clear up on Monday anyway.

Also, once in a while, some companies will technically pay two divs in the same quarter and none the next. For example, you'd get the Q1 div on Jan 1 and the Q2 div on March 30, even though technically March 30 is still Q1. One of my stocks confused me with this recently, but I forget which one. (KO does this every year, I think.) Something like that could throw off the numbers.

My SOP when something happens in my account that seems wonky is to wait for a couple of days. So far (that I remember) it's always corrected itself. 

Except for the time someone started withdrawing money. I didn't wait on that one.
Well it still says $8151, so I guess that's the "new normal". There's always going to be fluctuation because I have stocks like RIO, VALE, SCHD, and BX, which don't have fixed dividends. I must have overlooked some small change.

In other news, I know every stock has gotten crushed recently, but I see LYB is back in the 80s again. It was at $115 at the start of June (!). So, I will start buying it when new funds arrive. Yield is over 5%! Also they occasionally give out monster dividends, like the last one. I'd like to build a big position, but I refuse to buy when the stock price is over $90.
(06-27-2022, 07:09 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Well it still says $8151, so I guess that's the "new normal".  There's always going to be fluctuation because I have stocks like RIO, VALE, SCHD, and BX, which don't have fixed dividends.  I must have overlooked some small change.

In other news, I know every stock has gotten crushed recently, but I see LYB is back in the 80s again.  It was at $115 at the start of June (!).  So, I will start buying it when new funds arrive.  Yield is over 5%!  Also they occasionally give out monster dividends, like the last one.  I'd like to build a big position, but I refuse to buy when the stock price is over $90.

I'm adding LYB here as well. But if you don't have the proceeds to buy you may miss the boat. LYB has always been a good buy under $90

Why not just sell one of your losers or less dividend stocks and buy LYB?
(06-27-2022, 08:47 AM)ConnerM Wrote:
(06-27-2022, 07:09 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Well it still says $8151, so I guess that's the "new normal".  There's always going to be fluctuation because I have stocks like RIO, VALE, SCHD, and BX, which don't have fixed dividends.  I must have overlooked some small change.

In other news, I know every stock has gotten crushed recently, but I see LYB is back in the 80s again.  It was at $115 at the start of June (!).  So, I will start buying it when new funds arrive.  Yield is over 5%!  Also they occasionally give out monster dividends, like the last one.  I'd like to build a big position, but I refuse to buy when the stock price is over $90.

I'm adding LYB here as well. But if you don't have the proceeds to buy you may miss the boat. LYB has always been a good buy under $90

Yeah, definitely thinking about it. Though so far this year "fear of missing the boat" hasn't materialized for most stocks.
(06-27-2022, 08:56 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(06-27-2022, 08:47 AM)ConnerM Wrote:

Yeah, definitely thinking about it.  Though so far this year "fear of missing the boat" hasn't materialized for most stocks.

Yes, but you buy when there out of favor, not at the top lol. And LYB if you can get below $90 you getting in at a comfortable price. This is not some tech stock that is trading at a high multiple  Big Grin

And there are lots of good buys right now. Not just LYB
Added a bit to BIP and AQN.
I still have enough left for one small purchase this month, but I'll save that for later in the week.