Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
Wow every stock is near a 52 week low. Nice job fed!

I am buying but was 2 weeks early. Only have few $ left to spend lol

Added some oil names and UTES.

I'm all out of dry powder now. Turning off my computer for 12 months Wink
(06-15-2022, 03:22 PM)divmenow Wrote: New positions in EOG, VLO VFC, CMI, ZTS and MU

Added TRV, PRU, ORI, LDOS and XLU

Just imagine if we made products in the US. Imagine there would be no supply issues lol.  Trump was on the right path and then it all went away when new office took over Wink. We need to get back to making stuff right here in the good old USA. Time for changes.

So .75 basis points. Thoughts?

We absolutely need to make things here in the US again; not only because it helps with supply chain issues, but also because we are way too reliant on China.

Anecdotally ...

I used to live in Waltham Mass.  Filled to the brim with old factory buildings along the Charles River, none of which are factories anymore.  I currently live in Mansfield Mass.  When I first moved there we had a vibrant chocolate factory, but it closed down some 10 years ago.

Edit: Trump said the right things on this, but I didn't see any actual progress in this area. It's a tough problem to bring back manufacturing. Tariffs just raised prices.
Finally opened a position in AMD...if it drops below $75 ill buy some more.
Added AVGO. 2 shares on every 30 point drop lol
added MPC, CVX, BX, COF, PG, SHW and TXRH
I just came across a Jim Cramer interview from March 25th titled, "The bear market is over".
(06-16-2022, 07:53 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I just came across a Jim Cramer interview from March 25th titled, "The bear market is over".

Dude is the dumbest' person on the planet. Do the opposite of what he says Big Grin  He should not be making predictions. Clueless is he! 

Today he says we have much more downside left..... Now I know we are at or near a bottom. Buy buy buy  Tongue

Tomorrow I got in big.  I am a long term investor. Stocks are on sale and we gave back 2 years of gains. Some stocks have given back 5

I sold some etf and funds after the close to buy stocks I always wanted and couldn't buy
(06-16-2022, 09:02 PM)Mr1share Wrote:
(06-16-2022, 07:53 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I just came across a Jim Cramer interview from March 25th titled, "The bear market is over".

Dude is the dumbest' person on the planet. 

Counter argument:
He earns his income by getting people to watch. He gets paid regardless of how right or wrong he is, the thing that matters is how many people tune in. That is what his employer cares about, and I bet his compensation package also has some perks based on the average # of viewers.

So he is actually pretty good at doing what he needs to do, which is to get people to watch. Anyone who takes his advice is clearly a lot dumber than he is.  Big Grin
Added to Swk
Added DVN, EOG, CVX, CTRA, TROW HD and JNJ
added shel, vlo, cvx, swk, smg, amgn, bdx and KO
(06-17-2022, 08:37 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(06-16-2022, 09:02 PM)Mr1share Wrote:

Dude is the dumbest' person on the planet. 

Counter argument:
He earns his income by getting people to watch. He gets paid regardless of how right or wrong he is, the thing that matters is how many people tune in. That is what his employer cares about, and I bet his compensation package also has some perks based on the average # of viewers.

So he is actually pretty good at doing what he needs to do, which is to get people to watch. Anyone who takes his advice is clearly a lot dumber than he is.  Big Grin
Definitely not dumb.  He knows how financial markets work like few others.  I have learned a lot from him over the years.  In his prime he knew 1000 tickers, and could at least give you their approximate business.  When the internet was young he was fun.  He would crash message boards and spaz out on his haters.  It was hilarious.  He is just an entertainer at the end of it all.   

All that said, the investing world would be better off if he didn't offer 50 stock picks a week.  Many people act on them.  One of the biggest problems is while he might give reasonable guidance on a stock, if the story changes significantly a week later, he likely isn't giving an update.  I guess if you don't do your own research you get what you get, but I am sure he influences new investors way too much.  He has made me aware of some excellent companies, but no way I am not doing my DD first.