Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
Decline in earnings for fdx projected for next couple q
(09-28-2021, 09:28 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Added some WEC. UTEs at the top of my buy range now. Too bad I started adding some last week.

Sold another put in BWA and ENPH, and a new QQQ put. Everything with a short term EXP.

And BTW the market appears to be in risk off mode. Smile I may stop buying for today. Quite a few stocks getting near my buy range. Perhaps later in the week.
Thinking to add some xlu.
(09-28-2021, 10:42 AM)vbin Wrote: Decline in earnings for fdx projected for next couple q
I need to do some DD and try to understand how they could screw this up so bad when everyone is begging for transportation.   I'd wait for it to hit bottom before he ends up homeless like Kblake.

Wonder if he's around today.   Big Grin
(09-28-2021, 10:49 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(09-28-2021, 10:42 AM)vbin Wrote: Decline in earnings for fdx projected for next couple q
I need to do some DD and try to understand how they could screw this up so bad when everyone is begging for transportation.   I'd wait for it to hit bottom before he ends up homeless like Kblake.

I'm doing just fine in FDX. I only added a few shares and even after that my cost basic is $92 lol

FDX will be just fine. You have to buy when it's hated. Better to buy at a 52 week low then high  Big Grin

I added a few names today in PEP, UNH, APD, XEL and F calls
Added BMY, VGT & FB.
Added 15 more STOR. 5 more TXN. am I going too fast? LOL.
(09-28-2021, 11:42 AM)kblake Wrote:
(09-28-2021, 10:49 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

I'm doing just fine in FDX. I only added a few shares and even after that my cost basic is $92 lol

FDX will be just fine. You have to buy when it's hated. Better to buy at a 52 week low then high  Big Grin

I added a few names today in PEP, UNH, APD, XEL and F calls
Yes FDX will figure it out but this isn't the first earnings drama and your CEO makes $50M+ a year so he deserves some heat.
(09-28-2021, 12:56 PM)Dividends from Scratch Wrote: Added 15 more STOR. 5 more TXN. am I going too fast? LOL.
It's all good as long as you have more money to buy  tomorrow lol.
Got Pltr calls assigned last few weeks so sold puts yesterday and today.
adds

aos/enb/bam/tdoc/msft/nke/brk.b/pm/amzn/tsm/upst/lrcx/amat/pypl/mttr/sq/sam

new position

ma/mu/adbe/lmnd
We're shopping like we mean it. Smile Really only about the second chance we've had in a year. The SPAC crash didn't count. That was mostly way over hyped trading stuff coming back to earth. Maybe a couple future gems but mostly not.

I hope all of ports get beat up for a week but I doubt it happens. It's a joke if 10yr treasury rates are the cause. Most of big tech wouldn't have to borrow a dime unless they choose to. Utilities do have to finance but a half a point is not that big of a deal. The good ones grew fine at double these rates.
(09-28-2021, 09:25 PM)fenders53 Wrote: We're shopping like we mean it.  Smile  Really only about the second chance we've had in a year.  The SPAC crash didn't count.  That was mostly way over hyped trading stuff coming back to earth.  Maybe a couple future gems but mostly not.

I hope all of ports get beat up for a week but I doubt it happens.  It's a joke if 10yr treasury rates are the cause.  Most of big tech wouldn't have to borrow a dime unless they choose to.  Utilities do have to finance but a half a point is not that big of a deal.  The good ones grew fine at double these rates.

not to mention, and it's rarely talked about, if rates do go up (slowly cause that's the way they do things), first the rates will still be theoretically at historic lows--it'll take years to raise the rates. and second--i forgot my second point lol...so there's that it's too early lol.

the fed has proved one thing over the last decade or so, they don't do anything to disrupt the market too much, greenspan would say enough is enough and slow things the f/down...now it's don't rock the boat--too much.

maybe that was my second point...idk...just took a few sips of coffee