Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
Short the home builders. Here comes the crash. New home sales dropped 16.6% compared to estimates of 1.6%. Wow! I know we were in a bubble but Geeze lol

I don’t want any part of BBY. It should not be up after that report. Be careful. It’s heading to $40.

The best investment is T. Who would have thought Wink . It’s one of the best performers this month lol
Some small adds to tech today.
MSFT
TXN
U (what else am I going to do with this? Big Grin)
(05-24-2022, 09:23 AM)divmenow Wrote: Short the home builders. Here comes the crash. New home sales dropped 16.6% compared to estimates of 1.6%. Wow! I know we were in a bubble but Geeze lol

I don’t want any part of BBY. It should not be up after that report. Be careful. It’s heading to $40.

The best investment is T. Who would have thought Wink . It’s one of the best performers this month lol

I just saw those homes sales. Not good for the market,

And yes on BBY. Not sure why you would buy here, when you can buy much lower.. They missed earnings and warned. It has no business being up. I can see it going to $25 where it was during covid drop. 

Just stay in UTES, Drugs and Oil. The rest of market will drop anorther 15-20. We are now in bear market territory. 

I trimmed all my 100 share lots in half and added more safety type names. Also have 40% cash and will add back in. But in no hurry to do so.  Big Grin
Time to go short. Lots of downside left lol

I should have waited to buy some names, but I always get trigger happy lol

This time I will have more patience and wait a few months. Were in a freefall now and there is no buyers coming in.

Just too much bad out there and not 1 piece of good news,

Just glad I own a lot of drug, utilities and oil names to save me.

I did add some HSY because I needed to get it to a full position. Also added more NOC and LMT with dividends.

I'm also adding to my monthly income names.
Decided to play the downside in both JWN and URBN. Options are cheap so why not lol

Bought $15 puts in each. Lets see what happens.
(05-24-2022, 09:23 AM)divmenow Wrote: Short the home builders. Here comes the crash. New home sales dropped 16.6% compared to estimates of 1.6%. Wow! I know we were in a bubble but Geeze lol

Oh yawn. It's not 100% about swing trading here on a dividend growth forum.  We do crazy stuff like DCA here.  Smile
Added one more share of GOOGL and some JPS which is my only high yielder.
I will wait for $1800 on GOOGL

Ponyboy I like those plays in retail. I would add M in there as well. I will probably add 5 contracts before the close.

You have to figure. Any company with a PE higher then the SP 500 is not a buy. Were talking a 14 PE or lower.

Numbers need to come significantly lower.
(05-24-2022, 10:45 AM)MrFortune Wrote: I will wait for $1800 on GOOGL

Ponyboy I like those plays in retail. I would add M in there as well.  I will probably add 5 contracts before the close.

You have to figure. Any company with a PE higher then the SP 500 is not a buy. Were talking a 14 PE or lower.

I will be with you at 1800 G if it happens.  If anybody here actually had a small clue where the bottom is they would not have been posting buys here about everyday for months, but here we are.
(05-24-2022, 11:01 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

Ponyboy I like those plays in retail. I would add M in there as well.  I will probably add 5 contracts before the close.

I will be with you at 1800 G if it happens.  If anybody here actually had a small clue where the bottom is they would not have been posting buys here about everyday for months, but here we are.

1800 is def possible on GOOGL. Add Revs are going to be a big drag on earnings. They mine as well pre-announce and get it out of the way. 

They mine as well cancel the stock split lol

I'm looking at companies who have sold off for no reason and yield have now gone to 3.5 or above. Lots to choose from

And all those that bought in recent weeks or months are now under water Fenders, including me  Big Grin

Yes, no one can't time to the bottom but you also have to keep a clear mind. We are headed lower. How much lower in the question. And we are in bear territory. We have big swings. Up 600 down 1000, up 500 down 600. Welcome to the bear all lol. Not the time to being going all in yet. I still like that 1-2 shares each. Google cost for 1=2 shares is expensive so  Tongue
I did a little buying today. Looking for undervalued companies that got caught in the downdraft

PRU, MED, CM, TROW, UPS and ITA

I'm back in IIPR at $122 after selling at $242

It feels nice to buy things again and get in the flow.

I like GOOGL at these levels as well. If it goes to 1800 good buy more lol

I don't know why anyone is complaining we are down. I'm happy with that. Before there were no bargains. Now there's 100 lol. And for dividend investors this is what you want!
(05-24-2022, 12:37 PM)MrFortune Wrote:
(05-24-2022, 11:01 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

1800 is def possible on GOOGL. Add Revs are going to be a big drag on earnings. They mine as well pre-announce and get it out of the way. 

They mine as well cancel the stock split lol

I'm looking at companies who have sold off for no reason and yield have now gone to 3.5 or above. Lots to choose from

And all those that bought in recent weeks or months are now under water Fenders, including me  Big Grin

Yes, no one can't time to the bottom but you also have to keep a clear mind. We are headed lower. How much lower in the question. And we are in bear territory. We have big swings. Up 600 down 1000, up 500 down 600. Welcome to the bear all lol. Not the time to being going all in yet. I still like that 1-2 shares each. Google cost for 1=2 shares is expensive so  Tongue

Yeah I have bought a share about every down 100 move.  My only tech stock actually.  If it doesn't recover tech won't. The price picking is humorous though. Why pay 1800 when it's clearly going to 1500. Valuation targets are out the window.