Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
(09-27-2021, 02:49 PM)MrFortune Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 02:14 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 12:32 PM)MrFortune Wrote: added some AWK. I haven't seen a dip this much in a while. Anyone own the name?

All of the water utilities are still very expensive, yet somehow they seem to be always a good buy for the very long-term. One of those stocks you just can't go wrong with if you are prepared to hold it for decades. I'm ok holding them at these prices but I personally need to see them dip quite a bit further before I'm interested in buying more.

I hear ya. I just started an initial position. I Didn't go in big yet lol

But rarely do you get this big of a dip, so figured why not buy some.

AWK is now down to a 40 PE, it's a steal! =)
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Water UTEs seem as safe as if gets longterm. I can't imagine how capital appreciation doesn't underperform the market from here but they are loved for sure.
And no buys for me today though I have dry powder. I have complete confidence our elected representatives have a top tier Jerry Springer episode planned by tomorrow. I will find a deal on something this week.
Government shutdown looming ... inflation rising ... I think we are in for a bad spell.
The theatrics will pass and we'll buy the dip as we have been trained. It would require a small miracle for much to be resolved in the next few days. Supply chain problems will probably have more effect on most stocks. I say that not knowing what might actually pass as "soft infrastructure" which can mean whatever they desire.

My guess is earnings will be when the fun starts. Probably fine overall but hard to imagine guidance isn't confusing from a lot of companies.
Added some WEC. UTEs at the top of my buy range now. Too bad I started adding some last week.

Sold another put in BWA and ENPH, and a new QQQ put. Everything with a short term EXP.

And BTW the market appears to be in risk off mode. Smile I may stop buying for today. Quite a few stocks getting near my buy range. Perhaps later in the week.
(09-28-2021, 09:28 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Added some WEC.  UTEs at the top of my buy range now.  Too bad I started adding last week.  Smile

Sold another put in BWA and ENPH, and a new QQQ put.  Everything with a short term EXP.

I like BWA at this $44 level. WEC as well and bought some

Lets hope tech continues to endure more pain. Its still a way over valued sector with the exception on GOOG and FB. The only 2 names I own lol 

I added some JNJ, PEP, WEC, AEP and ENB
I added WEC as well this morning. Its right in my wheel house lol

Also added some AEP

I'm actually up for the day so far lol
(09-28-2021, 09:39 AM)MrFortune Wrote:
(09-28-2021, 09:28 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Added some WEC.  UTEs at the top of my buy range now.  Too bad I started adding last week.  Smile

Sold another put in BWA and ENPH, and a new QQQ put.  Everything with a short term EXP.

I like BWA at this $44 level. WEC as well and bought some

Lets hope tech continues to endure more pain. Its still a way over valued sector with the exception on GOOG and FB. The only 2 names I own lol 

I added some JNJ, PEP, WEC, AEP and ENB
We think alike.  

I have been selling BWA puts for awhile.  The income is good but I will probably grab some shares as well tomorrow before I miss out on a run should it happen.  I'm not predicting that but it's probably my favorite industrial a year from now after logistics and chip nightmares end.  I'm not paying a 25+ PE for a stodgy industrial.  

WEC is my favorite UTE for execution without question. Nothing wrong with AEP but I limited myself to three UTEs finally.  

I sold 99% of my tech a few weeks ago. It needs to correct significantly to be a deal but I'm not holding my breath for that. I have to start nibbling in case the QQQ put doesn't drop tomorrow.  I own a couple shares of AMZN and GOOGL and that is it for tech.  It looks brilliant this week but it won't soon enough.
(09-28-2021, 09:49 AM)divmenow Wrote: I added WEC as well this morning. Its right in my wheel house lol

Also added some AEP

I'm actually up for the day so far lol
I am about even but pharma is bleeding me out slowly.  We'll keep the faith lol.
Added some TROW at $205.
FDX approaching its 12-mo low. May add a few