Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
(03-30-2022, 06:03 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: My March moves update:

I decided to liquidate my large position in Target, and smaller positions in Taiwan Semi and Texas Instruments.  With the proceeds over the course of the month + dividend reinvestment I bulked up BroadCom, Apple, Microsoft, Hewlett Packard, Seagate, SCHD, RQI and others.

I'm also planning to liquidate AT&T next week after the spinoff is complete and with half the proceeds bulk up Nvidia, and with the other half bulk up some of the high div payers like RA so that I don't lose ground on total dividends.

Be very careful with RQI

Keep in mind RQI is a leveraged fund by at least 25%. Higher volatility and a bigger beta prevail. It's yield does not outweigh the risk for a fund only paying 5.97 % at the close of todays NAV. In major corrections this fund has collapsed from Feb of 2007 to Mar of 2009 it went from 27.15 to 1.52 and the dividend dropped much lower after that. Than in Oct 2019 to March of 2020. It went from 16.05 to 5.80 . That is risk way over the top with huge swings that are devastating for only a 6 percent yield. You can double the Yield with other Funds/etf's like XYLD and QYLD. Just trying to help you out  Big Grin
Added more WSM at $145.
(03-30-2022, 09:32 AM)MrFortune Wrote:

I decided to liquidate my large position in Target, and smaller positions in Taiwan Semi and Texas Instruments.  With the proceeds over the course of the month + dividend reinvestment I bulked up BroadCom, Apple, Microsoft, Hewlett Packard, Seagate, SCHD, RQI and others.

I'm also planning to liquidate AT&T next week after the spinoff is complete and with half the proceeds bulk up Nvidia, and with the other half bulk up some of the high div payers like RA so that I don't lose ground on total dividends.

Be very careful with RQI

Keep in mind RQI is a leveraged fund by at least 25%. Higher volatility and a bigger beta prevail. It's yield does not outweigh the risk for a fund only paying 5.97 % at the close of todays NAV. In major corrections this fund has collapsed from Feb of 2007 to Mar of 2009 it went from 27.15 to 1.52 and the dividend dropped much lower after that. Than in Oct 2019 to March of 2020. It went from 16.05 to 5.80 . That is risk way over the top with huge swings that are devastating for only a 6 percent yield. You can double the Yield with other Funds/etf's like XYLD and QYLD. Just trying to help you out  Big Grin
RQI is one of the very best in their area of expertise. I am out now waiting for a re-entry.  Far riskier investments than this but I do need it a little cheaper.  Not even close to Ken''s riskiest holding.
(03-30-2022, 09:32 AM)MrFortune Wrote:

Be very careful with RQI

Yes those drops are true, but it does rebound, though it has never reached where it was in Feb 2007.  I have a decent position; it pays me $20/month.  I probably won't exceed that by much.

Probably overhandling the investment soap.  Selling things way off the peak.  Nothing much is undervalued now and definitely not the new purchases.
(03-30-2022, 10:28 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

Probably overhandling the investment soap.  Selling things way off the peak.  Nothing much is undervalued now and definitely not the new purchases.

It was a March update, not today update.  I've already made a pretty nice profit on some of those moves.
(03-30-2022, 10:32 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 10:28 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

It was a March update, not today update.  I've already made a pretty nice profit on some of those moves.
Because the market went up everyday for weeks?  And yes I thought you did this yesterday so my bad lol.  Smile I looked at it and my reaction was oh no stop, you can't chase recent runners  much worse than this.  Glad it worked out.
HAS new low today for any of you that are interested.
Closed V. Added WHR, BBY, HD.
(03-31-2022, 08:53 AM)MrFortune Wrote: HAS new low today for any of you that are interested.

I knew this was coming with the supply chain issues.  But I'm holding.
Bought some WBA. It’s near a 52 week low, so I feel comfortable getting in at these levels.
Added to MMM.