Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
Added HD, BAC, UNH, BBY and PM
Sold calls on some of my QQQ and SPY early. Expire tomorrow.
Added DVN, EOG and MMM as well

I love when the market goes down Wink
Smoking good deals on leveraged Russian ETFs today. Who in their right mind was still holding that? Smile
My buys for today are at this link.

Too tired to type 'em all out.
Only add yesterday was TXRH but sold a covered call as this is at a full position now. Also sold calls on SPY and QQQ again. One day expiration.
(02-23-2022, 03:14 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Only add yesterday was TXRH but sold a covered call as this is at a full position now.  Also sold calls on SPY and QQQ again.  One day expiration.

I want to figure out how that company got through COVID without debt. I'm very impressed with that. I've looked at other restaurant companies, even bought QSR. The TXRH revenue figures look similar to others but the balance sheet sure doesn't. Though they did eliminate the dividend for a while, others kept it or even marginally hiked.
I was feeling left out so I dug into savings yesterday, sent $1000 over to the taxable account, and bought 3 shares of HD. (Of course, without fenders53 making doors & windows, the company is probably done for now Smile )
(02-23-2022, 07:04 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I was feeling left out so I dug into savings yesterday, sent $1000 over to the taxable account, and bought 3 shares of HD.  (Of course, without fenders53 making doors & windows, the company is probably done for now Smile )
I am hoping they'll do OK without me but the stock did drop about $50 the week after I left.

Coincidence???  Smile

And I know I was making jokes yesterday, but HD is a lot closer to fairly valued now. Fantasyland Covid growth numbers are over. I assume they will be back to the usual 4-6% growth, which is impressive for their size.
(02-23-2022, 05:40 AM)cemanuel Wrote:
(02-23-2022, 03:14 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Only add yesterday was TXRH but sold a covered call as this is at a full position now.  Also sold calls on SPY and QQQ again.  One day expiration.

I want to figure out how that company got through COVID without debt. I'm very impressed with that. I've looked at other restaurant companies, even bought QSR. The TXRH revenue figures look similar to others but the balance sheet sure doesn't. Though they did eliminate the dividend for a while, others kept it or even marginally hiked.
I haven't been into their books for awhile but I am impressed with how they are run.  My local store is filled to capacity within an hour of opening on a weeknight.  I just assumed their carryout was efficient in states where they were closed much longer.
Bought a few CAT, BAC, TXN, DG and SOFI

DG looks like a decent buy at these levels.

FENDERS you must have bought into TGT yesterday at $200 correct?
(02-23-2022, 09:38 AM)kblake Wrote: Bought a few CAT, BAC, TXN, DG and SOFI

DG looks like a decent buy at these levels.

FENDERS you must have bought into TGT yesterday at $200 correct?
I have puts open still that are in the money expiring Friday.  If I don't roll forward I'll be in at $200.  Similar story with DKS.  Took a month but getting my price.  

DG is probably good here.  Went to my local yesterday and their stocking is still a wreck but I think their price is about right. I might re-enter soon.  Probably have enough retail if I don't though.    

Sold some new index covered calls.  My overall port would be happier if that stopped working.   Smile