Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
(01-18-2022, 06:19 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 05:59 PM)stockguru Wrote: Run new 52 week low Fenders Wink

You know how much I care about your every inspirational word. What does this cryptic message even mean Yoda?  Are you telling me I should seek out crap?

Well you own RUN. Just wondering what your doing with the name. Doesn't seem like a Fenders type stock lol. Not even making money you know  Big Grin
Added USB

Yesterday added BAC, MS and new position in UL
(01-19-2022, 09:32 AM)stockguru Wrote:

You know how much I care about your every inspirational word. What does this cryptic message even mean Yoda?  Are you telling me I should seek out crap?

Well you own RUN. Just wondering what your doing with the name. Doesn't seem like a Fenders type stock lol. Not even making money you know  Big Grin
Gotcha, I usually capitalize tickers so that went over my head. My solar is getting smashed.  Sunrun, SunPower and Enphase add up to a large position so they are hurting me.  My port is down 3% for 2022 and I bet they are responsible for 2/3rds of it.  We'll just have to see what CA and the Senate do.  They aren't going to bounce unless some of that is settled favorably.  I expected them to be barely profitable later this year but we shall see.
Today I sold $KMB.

With a forward P/E of 22, little growth projected for the next 5 years, and rising input costs, this isn't a name I want to be in.

As a dividend growth investor, the 100% TTM FCF payout ratio is especially alarming.

I was underwater for most of the time I held it so happy to sell today for a 8% gain.
(01-19-2022, 10:47 AM)Dividends from Scratch Wrote: Today I sold $KMB.  

With a forward P/E of 22, little growth projected for the next 5 years, and rising input costs, this isn't a name I want to be in.

As a dividend growth investor,  the 100% TTM FCF payout ratio is especially alarming.

I was underwater for most of the time I held it so happy to sell today for a 8% gain.
I try not to over manage my long-term holdings but this is the type of decision that will serve you well.  You could end up with penny dividend raises and shares that are down 15% a few years from now.   I really wanted to enter retirement this year with a couple core positions in consumer staples.  It just makes no sense until I get a MUCH better entry.  Covid effects are just going to have to wear off.
Added CCI, TRTN, TROW, STOR

This one gets a double response.  Here's another shot for you to pour some salt in my solar wounds.  I just got exercised and now own another 100 shares of RUN at a much higher price than current.  Gotta love a position that is down 20 points on day one.  Oh well, it's just getting started as I have more puts sold in the sector.  On paper anyway I have given up all of my 2020-21 solar profits.  Not giving up lol.  I am glad I sold almost all of my smaller cap high valuation stocks before they got crushed.

Ken, you ever watch the real-time ticker for SOXL? I recommend you don't lol. Oh my it's crazy how fast it moves. I caught a couple shares at the days low before it shot up 4% in minutes. It's a tiny position and I'm just entertaining myself but my retirement boat could gain or lose some accessories based on how it goes.
(01-19-2022, 12:48 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

This one gets a double response.  Here's another shot for you to pour some salt in my solar wounds.  I just got exercised and now own another 100 shares of RUN at a much higher price than current.  Gotta love a position that is down 20 points on day one.  Oh well, it's just getting started as I have more puts sold in the sector.  On paper anyway I have given up all of my 2020-21 solar profits.  Not giving up lol.  I am glad I sold almost all of my smaller cap high valuation stocks before they got crushed.

Ken, you ever watch the real-time ticker for SOXL?  I recommend you don't lol.  Oh my it's crazy how fast it moves.  I caught a couple shares at the days low before it shot up 4% in minutes.  It's a tiny position and I'm just entertaining myself but my retirement boat could gain or lose some accessories based on how it goes.
 SOXL... Its headed back to $38. Should have waited but your 2 shares not really going to hurt you  Big Grin

Tech is in for a lot more pain. With the fed behind the 8 ball they must raise 4-5 times this year. That's not good for growth and over valued tech names.

Look at Gold and Silver up bug today. That should give you a indication where this market is heading lol
Damn MRNA and NVAX taking a big dump. I should have listened to the ones who said sell at $300. Damn lol

This market just keeps rolling over. Looks to me like a bear market is hear to stay

I think I may sell it all and hide it in CD's Wink
(01-19-2022, 03:42 PM)MrFortune Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 12:48 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

Ken, you ever watch the real-time ticker for SOXL?  I recommend you don't lol.  Oh my it's crazy how fast it moves.  I caught a couple shares at the days low before it shot up 4% in minutes.  It's a tiny position and I'm just entertaining myself but my retirement boat could gain or lose some accessories based on how it goes.
 SOXL... Its headed back to $38. Should have waited but your 2 shares not really going to hurt you  Big Grin

Tech is in for a lot more pain. With the fed behind the 8 ball they must raise 4-5 times this year. That's not good for growth and over valued tech names.

Look at Gold and Silver up bug today. That should give you a indication where this market is heading lol
LOL, I don't know where it's going in the short-term.  Two shares is about $100 so I thought I would try to learn how to trade it.  I think I have about a dozen shares after today,  I'll buy a few more dips and watch how it moves.  I don't own enough to worry about a stop loss or any risk management.  The only way I could ever own a large position is after a serious market meltdown.  I'd still be taking profits when I could.  

I agree with you on overvalued tech names, but I don't see too many sectors that are actually undervalued so there is no place to hide.  I don't care what the media is saying this quarter.  Banks, utilities and your favorite ketchup company could drop 30% in a rough market.  We've all seen it happen before.  Diversification and some cash is where I'll placing my bet.  I've purchased FB 13 times since late OCT.  I'm up, and it's only because I am being careful not to chase.  There is plenty of tech that isn't as overvalued as some of the no/slow growth stuff (with debt), that the stock the market is flocking to right now.
It's entirely possible a bear market is here to stay for 6+ months, but it's also entirely possible that things start moving up again by March.

I can't believe Moderna is at $174 and it's P/E is 10.69. I'm actually interested in buying it again Smile
(01-19-2022, 08:17 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: It's entirely possible a bear market is here to stay for 6+ months, but it's also entirely possible that things start moving up again by March.

I can't believe Moderna is at $174 and it's P/E is 10.69.  I'm actually interested in buying it again Smile
Of course a bear market is possible.  Even if that is where we are headed there will almost certainly be some relief rallies.  The only reason I really care is because paying 20% more than necessary for new shares makes a difference.  I'm not even particularly concerned with quality tech right now.  You know what might change that, at least in the near term?  We have several mega caps that are truly fairly valued.  Some of the others have had a pretty good dip as well.  If GOOGL-FB-MSFT put up some blowout earnings and the stocks dip 5% anyway, then I'll stop being optimistic.  There is still nowhere else to invest right now.   

And definitely load up on MRNA again.  You can always sell it this summer for $125.   If you'd like I can teach you how to buy strike 500 call options on it for the big score.  Rolleyes