Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
I have mostly gone from individual stock buys to strictly futures/index option trades, however I do hold a 23 name divvy portfolio.

Sometimes I swap some out and some others in.

I am always looking for names in this thread an I'm curious as to most people's criteria for selection. Many that I've scanned don't seem like likely buys except as perhaps a contrarian trade.

When a name comes across, my first 2 scans are Zacks and then Gurufocus to see what's up. How are others picking their buys?

Good luck to all
(04-22-2024, 02:29 PM)MrFortune Wrote: Anyone buying TSLA under $140? I have on watch list but I'm thinking its gets closer to $100 after earnings. Nothing bad news, after bad news. This was one of 10 stocks on my growth dip list.

Today added to VIG, SBUX, SYK and UNH

I added a few Tsla, pep, Adbe
Bought 3 shares of NFLX just for fun lol

Not buying much these days. Waiting for things to get cheaper. Hoping to get AMZN and META on the dip after earnings.

I have been adding to AAPL at these levels in recent days only cause it hasn’t participated

Took new position in CELH and added LIN

JNJ, SBUX, DG on watch list to buy
(Yesterday, 09:18 AM)divmenow Wrote: Took new position in CELH 

Welcome to the club! It's a risky stock for sure, and tends to make pretty crazy moves just based on the direction of the markets in general, but the growth story has been good so far!
Apple is surely an interesting play right now. Will their big Gen AI announcement in the second half of the year put them back in the limelight? Or are they a fading company without new innovation?

I've soured pretty hard on Johnson & Johnson. Stock price is pretty much unchanged for 5 years, and a 3.35% yield doesn't beat the 4%+ interest you get in a bank account nowadays. But I guess you own all the Abbvie there is at this point Smile

Netflix has been on a sweet run since July 2022.

Celsius - yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm too late to the party at this point.
(Yesterday, 11:43 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Apple is surely an interesting play right now.  Will their big Gen AI announcement in the second half of the year put them back in the limelight?  Or are they a fading company without new innovation?

I've soured pretty hard on Johnson & Johnson.  Stock price is pretty much unchanged for 5 years, and a 3.35% yield doesn't beat the 4%+ interest you get in a bank account nowadays.  But I guess you own all the Abbvie there is at this point Smile

Netflix has been on a sweet run since July 2022.

Celsius - yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm too late to the party at this point.

Ha yeah I still hold all my ABBV. I’m fine just collecting the dividend from here on out. I remember all the naysayers here when I bought too much in the $79-80 range. Guess l was a genius after all Wink

Thanks on CELH. I definitely love the growth story and the product. I had to start adding some growth names to my portfolio. And most growth names it’s way too late to get in. At least this one had a dip lol 

AAPL always gives you those buying opportunities. The street hats it which is exactly why I’m buying now lol 

JNJ I agree it hasn’t done a whole lot. But at these levels k think you can make money 

TSLA running today, although I’m not sure why ;Wink

GD looks interesting today to buy.
I'm glad Tesla is running today, because even though I don't own any directly, it's in many of my ETFs and Mutual Funds. But I still think when it comes to electric vehicles, companies like Toyota and Hyundai are going to eat their lunch. Their only chance is to show they aren't just a car company, and branch out, like Apple did originally with the iphone.

First Monster and now Celsius - the next time a new energy drink comes on the market and has an IPO, I am selling everything else and getting in at the beginning!!! Smile Celsius has saturated the North American market, growth opportunities will have to come from abroad. Not sure international markets care about energy drinks like Americans do.

I want to find more stocks like Abbvie, with price growth above the S&P 500, and a yield over 3%. Seagate is another, but is less impressive on both counts. Did somebody here ever naysay on Abbvie? Maybe that was before I joined. It's an elite DGI stock and one day when I have money to invest with regularly like the rest of you do, I will buy a ton more of it.

General Dynamics I'm on the fence on. Yes it has beaten the S&P 500 in the last year, barely, but loses in the last 5 years. Maybe it's a buy-the-dip moment, but with my (very limited) funds I look for more exceptional companies. But you might be in a circumstance where you are looking for new names to add. I still don't have any Saia, or Watsco, or Viking Therapeutics, or even Advanced Micro Devices, so I have no shortage of names to add that I'm really excited about.
Added BA
(Yesterday, 09:18 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought 3 shares of NFLX just for fun lol

Not buying much these days. Waiting for things to get cheaper. Hoping to get AMZN and META on the dip after earnings.

I have been adding to AAPL at these levels in recent days only cause it hasn’t participated

Took new position in CELH and added LIN

JNJ, SBUX, DG on watch list to buy

You got your wish META down over 50 now after hours Wink

Like most have been saying. These traders got too greedy with tech. Let the correction begin lol
Well I added META after hours at $412.49. I was actually going to buy today so I saved myself almost 100 points lol

Added a few other tech names after hours as well. Only small lol