Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your portfolio allocation percentages?
Agree -- interesting exercise. I don't have my stuff broken down in quite than manner, but at a super high level, here's how my assets break down:

The real estate category includes my home and and the half interest in a commercial property I own with my sister. Among the individual stocks that I own are several REITs, but I keep those, mentally, in the stock bucket and not the real estate bucket.

Of the individual stocks category, I'd guess that 80 percent of it is core DG stuff, and the rest being growth/tech/more speculative (though I do consider AAPL a DG stock, even it is not the stock's best attribute!).

I know that I keep way more cash than almost any professional would advise, and I avoid thinking about where I'd be if more of that had been participating in the nearly unbroken bull run of the last 12-14 years. But I know myself, and it is a central "sleep well at night" decision for me. I love having the cash cushion and always having ample dry powder when opportunities do arise, even if I'm leaving some growth on the table. Once I've rolled over my 401(k), I do intend to work the cash portion back down to maybe 25 percent.

I'm still working on updating my individual stock tracker. When I get that done, I'll post more details about that.

My allocation to options / gambling / trading is essentially zero these days, but perhaps as I settle in to unemployment, I'll see if I can juice my return with a little more of that.

Oh, and as for retirement, I have absolutely no idea!

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are your portfolio allocation percentages? - by Kerim - 08-28-2021, 01:53 PM
What are your portfolio allocation percentages? - by bankerboy - 09-12-2021, 01:22 PM