Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fender's final approach to retirement.
Time for an update. I put in my notice at HD. Three years flew by fast. Can't say I will never work again but my back/hips will not allow me to do much of the physical part of my job. It's not fair to my co-workers who have to pick up my slack so I'll find a new way to make a few side bucks. Don't really want to dwell on this.

For those who know me here, my port was far from a retiree port. I'm not ready to make it boring, but it required WAY too much daily attention as Crimsonghost warned. The "young man" gave me good advice. It's easier now. I can't track 30 open option trades and relax. If I want to play stock market and make small trades I can, but it's mor optional now. It took many months longer than I thought to transition to something I can ignore for a week or two if I want to just go fishing for a week. It's not perfect but it is approaching the plan I laid out early in this thread. I will share tickers if there is any interest in giving me feedback.

I now own more than one lot of all the index funds I consider must owns. 100 share lots of the indexes are a lot of money so it is hard to balance perfectly but I'll get there.

QQQ-SPY-IWM In that order so I have the US market covered to my satisfaction. I suppose 30% of my total port is the eventual target.

I own about 20 tickers and they are fairly diversified. The index ETFs diversify me anyway so I can lean how I wish the economic cycle turns. Tickers available on request lol.

I have enough cash to play my put selling game and earn monthly income. When I get exercised I sell covered calls, rinse and repeat. Again, trying to lean the port slightly with the economic winds and not chase junk I won't feel uncomfortable holding. My port is 98% trash free at this time.

I am getting close to where I wish to be.

Messages In This Thread
Fender's final approach to retirement. - by bankerboy - 10-29-2021, 05:47 PM
Fender's final approach to retirement. - by bankerboy - 11-16-2021, 02:49 PM
Fender's final approach to retirement. - by bankerboy - 11-24-2021, 08:43 AM
RE: Fender's final approach to retirement. - by fenders53 - 02-01-2022, 07:58 PM