Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fender's final approach to retirement.
The sad reality is I am very likely to outlive my younger wife but we never know. I will make it as simple as I can for her with most of my money in case I am wrong. I think I am gong to make it easier in stages. My current intention is to start with 50% Boglehead strategy. I invested with my hair on fire for decades and it worked but it's hard to objectively believe his methods are not time tested and solid. Buffet preached the same. That half of my port might live forever.

The next 25% will probably be DGI. I need to sell a lot of stocks to make that happen. I have time to cull the lesser stocks. This won't be easy. It probably won't be a bad thing if I am forced to pick a dozen I truly believe i holding.

I discovered three years ago my conservative income strategies will crush normal dividends but it requires constant attention. I am approaching 3000 option trades now so I am confident it works in all but a crashing market. I have some control of the risk level and the frequency of trades. I have to control myself or I'll continue to stare at a monitor daily. It's fun now but I need to curb it when I retire. Wish I could skip it but the income is way more than your normal DGI stock with less risk.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fender's final approach to retirement. - by fenders53 - 08-09-2021, 01:58 PM
Fender's final approach to retirement. - by bankerboy - 10-29-2021, 05:47 PM
Fender's final approach to retirement. - by bankerboy - 11-16-2021, 02:49 PM
Fender's final approach to retirement. - by bankerboy - 11-24-2021, 08:43 AM