Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fender's final approach to retirement.
A little thought on the whole screen time thing.
I know options are a pretty big part of your cash flows. And that might cause some issues.

Now I know that you will find yourself trading during your retirement too. Sometimes you just get bored and let's face it, options can be fun. At least when you get them right. Big Grin But I would really love to see you in a situation where the other streams of income are enough. This is just so that trading is indeed a fun hobby you do and your monthly income or even your splurging money is not dependent on it at all. Then, and only then, will it truly become a hobby and you can put it down if you feel like it and go fish for two weeks without a worry in the world.

If options/trading are a big part of your monthly income, you will think about those on your 2 week fishing trip. Or at least that happened to me a couple of times during my year off when I made it a mission to survive on investment income alone.

Honestly I think that during retirement you should be able to spend what you want without worrying about the money. I know this is more of a dream than reality to most, but that's how it should be. Same goes to where that money comes from - it should be on autopilot. Doesn't mean you shouldn't trade, but you should trade because you want to trade, not because you want more money.

These are just my own feelings. As you might remember I had a "mini-retirement" and I honestly didn't know if I was ever going to come back to work. But I quickly noticed that I wasn't enjoying it as much as I could have been because I was worrying about finances. So a few more years of work and more predictability into my cash flows and then I'll consider retiring again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fender's final approach to retirement. - by crimsonghost747 - 08-09-2021, 01:40 PM
Fender's final approach to retirement. - by bankerboy - 10-29-2021, 05:47 PM
Fender's final approach to retirement. - by bankerboy - 11-16-2021, 02:49 PM
Fender's final approach to retirement. - by bankerboy - 11-24-2021, 08:43 AM