Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fender's final approach to retirement.
I am thrilled my retirement is soon approaching.  It's actually 15 months away but it's time to lock in a plan that is as solid as possible.  I'm sure adjustments will be in order but I don't want to impulsively swing with emotion.  I hope some of you will check in now and then and offer guidance.  Years ago it was my intention this phase would be very simple but that's not reality.  I was supposed to buy an annuity and ride off into the sunset.  Things change, and while my financial future is secure, it will not be simple the first three years as my pension start dates are spread over the course of 2 years.  Longer if I don't take SS early.  I am blessed to have pensions when many don't these days.  I am thankful but four primary income streams makes this more complicated.      

Today my thoughts are....
-Gradually move my allocations where I want them.  Commit to a plan that doesn't need adjusted for years.
-Reduce the amount of investing screen time by reducing my trades.  I enjoy it now but that's not how I plan to spend my retirement.
-Educate myself on tax implications.
-Lock in my strategies, with an eye towards more simplicity over time.  This will be very important.  I am not going to sell 30 positions over night and flip to the new plan.  But I can move towards the desired endgame as the market provides opportunities.  

If there is any feedback on this thread I'll share more details and ask for input.  I don't know anyone local with a clue on financial management.  It's an exciting time but more complicated than I planned and the day is fast approaching.  My asset allocation (strategies) will probably be the most controversial.  I'll probably share that next, and be open to constructive criticism.

Messages In This Thread
Fender's final approach to retirement. - by fenders53 - 08-09-2021, 08:40 AM
Fender's final approach to retirement. - by bankerboy - 10-29-2021, 05:47 PM
Fender's final approach to retirement. - by bankerboy - 11-16-2021, 02:49 PM
Fender's final approach to retirement. - by bankerboy - 11-24-2021, 08:43 AM