Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your portfolio's yield?
Stocks annd SCHD it is 3.81% Toss in my 4 CEF positions and it goes up to 4.1%
(12-15-2021, 09:17 PM)rnsmth Wrote: Stocks annd  SCHD it is 3.81%  Toss in my 4 CEF positions and it goes up to 4.1%
Congrats.  That is well over double the S&P yield.  IMO about the best you can do without asking for big trouble when the market turns sour, and/or  settling for businesses that will struggle to grow future dividends or pay the current one.
My portfolio yield is down to 2.69%. I expect that to continue trending lower as I continue adding to growthier names and am no longer reinvesting dividends in my higher-yielding stocks.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(12-15-2021, 10:02 PM)EricL Wrote: My portfolio yield is down to 2.69%. I expect that to continue trending lower as I continue adding to growthier names and am no longer reinvesting dividends in my higher-yielding stocks.
Life is hard when AAPL and NVDA drag your yield down LOL.
(12-15-2021, 09:41 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 09:17 PM)rnsmth Wrote: Stocks annd  SCHD it is 3.81%  Toss in my 4 CEF positions and it goes up to 4.1%
Congrats.  That is well over double the S&P yield.  IMO about the best you can do without asking for big trouble when the market turns sour, and/or  settling for businesses that will struggle to grow future dividends or pay the current one.

Thank you.  I pay pretty close attention to dividend safety, as measured by SSD.  I am counting on that to help get through market sour episodnes
(08-05-2021, 11:05 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Does anyone else pay attention to your portfolio's yield?  Do you have a target you like to aim for?

My taxable account's current yield is 2.51%.  I will probably keep it pegged right there until the big retirement reshuffling, when I sell all the growth stuff and move 100% into dividend-producing assets, at which time it will probably move up to 4 or 5%.

SSD shows my taxable account yield at 2.95% with a DGR of 6.5%. These are pretty reasonable, I might set a goal to get above 3% next year, keeping the DGR at this level.
Kevin
Yield (as of 12/1/21):

Taxable account: 2.67%
Roth: 3.44%
Overall: 2.74%

Internal/Organic DGR (current, based on 5-yr DGRs, no dividends reinvested):

Taxable Account: 9.00%
Roth: 9.18%

Dividend numbers really don't matter for the Roth as I won't be living on them. I will begin harvesting Taxable Account dividends next spring to live on.
(12-16-2021, 05:56 AM)cemanuel Wrote: Yield (as of 12/1/21):

Dividend numbers really don't matter for the Roth as I won't be living on them. I will begin harvesting Taxable Account dividends next spring to live on.

I'm impressed that your nest egg is large enough that 2.67% provides 80% of what you'll need.  Nice job!!!
(12-16-2021, 06:20 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 05:56 AM)cemanuel Wrote: Yield (as of 12/1/21):

I'm impressed that your nest egg is large enough that 2.67% provides 80% of what you'll need.  Nice job!!!

Could have gotten it to the about 3.3% I need to completely live off them but the cap gains taxes would have been large. Rather sell a few stocks piece-by-piece as I go along. Of course if I'd been doing DGI/Income from Day 1 I'd be there but I wouldn't be roughly tracking (just a tickle better) the S&P. It's OK, obviously not perfect. But I can make it work.
7 portfolios:
My IRA
My Roth IRA
My Rollover IRA
My Taxable
Wife's Roth IRA
Wife's Rollover IRA
Wife's Taxable

Overall
As of 12/16/2021 Yield is 3.23%, 5-year DGR is 7.8%
(08-05-2021, 11:05 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Does anyone else pay attention to your portfolio's yield?  Do you have a target you like to aim for?

My taxable account's current yield is 2.51%.  I will probably keep it pegged right there until the big retirement reshuffling, when I sell all the growth stuff and move 100% into dividend-producing assets, at which time it will probably move up to 4 or 5%.

Just to demonstrate what the market downturn has done to my port, my yield has ballooned to 3.36%.
With any luck maye it will get up near 4% soon. Smile I only pay attention on entry, and hope for Div boosts of course..