Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Tel Aviv!
Happy to join this community after being a passive reader for more than a year. I've learned a lot from you.

I'm a lawyer in my mid 30s seeking financial freedom through dividend growth investing.

I used to be quite active on the Bogleheads forum where investing in individual stocks in considered blasphemous lol

I recognize that my preference for dividends is emotional, not purely financial or rational. I like the comfort of a steady income stream. I don't want to "lose" my financial independence to the wild gyrations of Mr. Market that may slash the value of my index funds lol. 

My long term goal is to reach $40,000 in annual dividend income. I started my dividend portfolio on May 2020 and my current projected dividend income stands at $6,622. 

BTW I'm also active on twitter as Dividend Hummingbird for those of you who are active on that social network. 

Anyway, thanks for reading and happy to be here.
Welcome!!!

> I used to be quite active in the Bogleheads forum where investing in individual stocks in considered blasphemous.

I wasn't on that particular forum, but was still on a forum with similar views. I'm so glad to be past that.

> My preference for dividends is emotional, not purely financial or rational. I like the comfort of a steady cashflow and I don't want to "lose" my financial independence to the wild gyrations of Mr. Market that may slash the value of my index funds lol.

Actually, despite what you said, it is financial. While it is true that you can also achieve a steady cashflow through pruning your high flying growth stocks, you really don't want to prune when the market is down. So those who sell stocks to supplement their cash flow end up doing it in a more lumpy fashion; cash out big when the market has a huge day. While that works, it is not as steady and reliable as dividend income.

> My long term goal is to reach $40,000 in annual dividend income.

Why stop at $40k? Don't stop until you can live on that money without working. $4 million x 4% yield = $160k a year Smile

> I started my dividend portfolio on May 2020 and my current projected dividend income stands at $6,622.

$6622 is excellent! I'm only at $5225 though by the end of the year I plan to be at $6000.
Welcome.
I'm glad we finally got your account sorted out, sorry for the delay.
Welcome. Hope you post here often.
Welcome.
Welcome to the forum DfS!
welcome to the forum!
Glad to have you here!