Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Safe" medium yielders - the 4%ers
(09-27-2021, 08:14 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 06:36 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Yes a Great Recession type pullback is all I fear.  I saw it adjust retirement dates.  Add a ten year recovery and it's trouble.  I really don't think the market is bubbly on that level.  I don't worry about bank failure.  But I also have zero trust in politicians not taking us off a money spending cliff eventually.  We are now 20yrs into spending like it doesn't matter.  Each regime making the last one look thrifty lol.  I see no path back to normalcy.  A majority of millennials wonder if they can ever buy a home.  They are probably in no mood to pay up and fix our bankrupted pension funds.   Damn boomers lol.

Now back to the thread.  We need more 4% yielders soon lol.

Apparently the failed effort in Afghanistan cost $300 million per day.  Per day!!!  What a waste.  At least that's over.

I recently made a small position in LYB; we'll see how it goes.
We turned the money printer on a few days after 9-11 attacks.  It never stopped since.  We just found more things to spend money on.  There will be a price to keep terrorism at bay though.  Freedom is never free.  Yes it sucks how Afghanistan ended.  It tears at my gut.  Our borders are now mostly open so it may have been pointless.
If you like the SIN stocks MO and PM got hammered today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duke Energy is right at 4% and has slow growth, not a value trap looking over 10 years.

MPW is also looking fairly good.

(10-05-2021, 06:47 AM)bankerboy Wrote: Duke Energy is right at 4% and has slow growth, not a value trap looking over 10 years.

MPW is also looking fairly good.

My Mom invests in Duke Smile
I would never chase Duke but it is a very good pick in the 4% category.  Buy it on a dip and you'll likely see some stock price appreciation too.
(10-05-2021, 08:01 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I would never chase Duke but it is a very good pick in the 4% category.  Buy it on a dip and you'll likely see some stock price appreciation too.

Hard to find 4% plus yields with a 10 year record of stock price appreciation. Many of these higher yielding companies have had rollercoaster prices over the 5 and 10 year periods. Lots of variables today that will impact the next 10 years however that didn’t impact the last 10 years. Technology advances and ESG are 2 that come to mind.

(10-05-2021, 09:19 AM)bankerboy Wrote:
(10-05-2021, 08:01 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I would never chase Duke but it is a very good pick in the 4% category.  Buy it on a dip and you'll likely see some stock price appreciation too.

Hard to find 4% plus yields with a 10 year record of stock price appreciation. Many of these higher yielding companies have had rollercoaster prices over the 5 and 10 year periods. Lots of variables today that will impact the next 10 years however that didn’t impact the last 10 years. Technology advances and ESG are 2 that come to mind.

I follow utilities way too closely to include earnings calls.  (yeah I should get a life lol).  I prefer some UTEs that grow a little faster, but I have noticed DUK has just started borrowing some their business model.  DUK doesn't need to grow quite as fast.  They just need to grow and that 4% div entry looks sweet.  Is it better than my faster growers with 3%?  Maybe not, but if you want 4% guaranteed today DUK is it.