Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Safe" high yielders - stocks, ETFs, CEFs, REITs, MLPs, etc - post your favorites!
(08-03-2021, 10:19 AM)rayray Wrote: i'm not a fan of high yielders, there's a reason why there's slim good long term data concerning high yielders--did own IRM and OHI that i bought when they were yielding 8 to 11%--both have been sold--i don't like selling and prolly should have kept but didn't

i do a mix of divi growth and growth stocks, for the most part have done well could have done better but i get wacky every so often and make mistakes

i do like the top 5 canadian banks--been okay for my porfolio, long term

i grasp between my divi players and my growth players

it's a feel good seeing that divi come in but then again, seeing the balance of my growth stocks, idk, those balances are really nice lol

i guess, i'm spread out between growth and value--so if the tides change i should be okay

So, I think it all depends on where you are on your road to retirement. I am trying to help my mom - she has ~40% of her portfolio in the vanilla S&P ETF, the rest is cash... growth isn't important to her - capital preservation and income are. She would be very happy earning 4-5% on something that doesn't decline in value over 10 years...

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Safe" high yielders - stocks, ETFs, CEFs, REITs, MLPs, etc - post your favorites! - by Genester - 08-03-2021, 10:40 AM