Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Safe" high yielders - stocks, ETFs, CEFs, REITs, MLPs, etc - post your favorites!
(08-02-2021, 05:32 PM)fenders53 Wrote: DNP is one I don't think is overvalued now.  Not only do you get the security of a preferred stock fund but it is a utility stock preferred fund.  You can buy this one and forget it.  If the share price goes more euphoric than a preferred warrants it probably needs sold, but you can just just ignore it and keep collecting your 6% yield if you wish.  Utilities are underperforming the past year so this one probably has a little upside in the share price at some point over the next year.

I'll offer up ENB as a safe high yielding stock.  It's at the top of the buy range though.  A lot safer at sub 37.  IMO it's very safe for the next few years.  I have no prediction for anything oil related 5 years from now.

BTI looks good here to.  I doubt the stock is gong anywhere but the very high yield is pretty safe.

Thank you, Fenders. Right there with you on BTI and ENB. For DNP and a few others you've recommended, do the high expense ratios scare you? I've been taught to avoid funds that are much over 1% on the expense side...

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Safe" high yielders - stocks, ETFs, CEFs, REITs, MLPs, etc - post your favorites! - by Genester - 08-03-2021, 08:25 AM