Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Safe" high yielders - stocks, ETFs, CEFs, REITs, MLPs, etc - post your favorites!
This should be a good thread over time. I am not recommending purchase of any of them right now. A quick look at the charts and it is easy to see the price ranges they stay within most of the time. I won't retype everything from the other thread but a few of my favorites are.

RQI- Yield tends to be in the 6-7% range when not at an extreme. Excellent management. Ran my Cowen and Sterns. They have survived some bad times and never went BK to my knowledge. RQI anyway. They run other funds that are respected.

ARCC- Ares Capital. Yields often in the 8% range. A lot of articles on Seeking Alpha. That is where I talked myself into buying this one.

With either of these two you will get bit if your chase a high share price. Again, look at a chart and imagine you bought and held for 5 years. You could have held it for 15 years and got the yield but any sort of bond market scare and you'll watch several years of yield disappear in a month. Entry price matters. If you buy after one of these events you might find yourself sitting on a hyper growth tech stock gain in six months and wonder what to do. That's a personal choice but I take my 40% and park it a 4% dividend stock and wait for some sort of dip. It will happen eventually.

JPS- A Nuveen fund. Just a good Preferred stock fund. Pays about 6% and pretty consistent. I don't know what they were in pre 2008 financial crisis but I am going to guess financials. Rock solid before and after. I just hold this one for now because I don't have a better idea and it pays a better div that almost all my common stock holdings.

I'll dig up a few more I don't recall the tickers for. Hopefully others will offer up some more non-yield traps.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Safe" high yielders - stocks, ETFs, CEFs, REITs, MLPs, etc - post your favorites! - by fenders53 - 08-02-2021, 05:02 PM