Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everybody
I'm very happy to be here! My name's Larry and I'm from ranch country out west. I've spent some time browsing this website and I'm really impressed by the atmosphere and the professionalism. I'm retired and the older I get the more time I spend on the markets and the fewer chances I take. When I tell people options are a lot of what I do, a good share of them give me a funny look. I tell them that dividends are a big part of it too and all in all I believe it is a much better plan than what fixed income can offer. I've used this strategy about 6 months and am here to ask questions, learn and contribute if I can.
Welcome aboard!
Welcome!
Welcome

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk
Welcome Larry! I'm glad you accepted my invitation. I think you will find the crowd pleasant to converse with. There is a lot of experience here, and different approaches to investing. I often say I come here to be disagreed with. I find it helpful.

You are so right about fixed income. Can you imagine living on SS and suddenly your savings is getting sub 1% interest if you are willing to lock it into a CD? That would be a hopeless place if you had no idea there are other choices. Age 65 is a real bad time to start learning you have zero knowledge of equity markets.
Looking forward to seeing your portfolio Larry. Nice to have someone on here already retired and not in the accumulation phase.
Good to meet all of you! Fenders was kind enough to invite me to what appears to be a select group of investors. Thank you!
I invited you for a reason. I've really enjoyed chatting with you on SA PM. You are retired and still trying to enhance your income rather that sitting on some low yield bonds. Average age might be 40. I try to learn from everyone. Some of my dated opinions can always use some help from a 25yr old that has a grip on new trends that might be the next opportunity.

Hope you start or participate in some threads. I'm confident you'll make some new e-friends here fast.