Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Call for Moderators!
(07-28-2021, 01:48 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Great choices, and have a nice stay in Boston.  There's this French restaurant near the Prudential Center that I think is the best in the city, but the name escapes me.

Thanks much! I think we're dining in the waterfront area? Meeting up with a few old pals from my old law firm days in DC that I haven't seen in a few years.

As for the mod stuff, I probably won't be back on the site until some time late Friday or Saturday. With luck we'll have some sense by then of what level of access they've got.

Goodnight all.
Thanks.
Mod CP access is working fine but I couldn't find the list of accounts awaiting activation. I can see many accounts with the "awaiting activation" group, but doesn't look like I can change that anywhere.
(07-29-2021, 03:56 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Thanks.
Mod CP access is working fine but I couldn't find the list of accounts awaiting activation. I can see many accounts with the "awaiting activation" group, but doesn't look like I can change that anywhere.

Hmmm, ok, thanks. I'll dig deeper when I get back from Boston. (And meanwhile, I'll try to keep an eye on my email for new registrations.)
A friend of mine from Seeking Alpha with the forum handle "Mid Range" just registered. Please see that he is approved. Or at least tell me you see him for now.
(07-29-2021, 05:34 AM)fenders53 Wrote: A friend of mine from Seeking Alpha with the forum handle "Mid Range" just registered.  Please see that he is approved.  Or at least tell me you see him for now.

His account looks to be good to go.
(07-29-2021, 05:45 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(07-29-2021, 05:34 AM)fenders53 Wrote: A friend of mine from Seeking Alpha with the forum handle "Mid Range" just registered.  Please see that he is approved.  Or at least tell me you see him for now.

Thanks.  I have been exchanging PMs with him on SA.  He'll be along soon.
Works but how to you approve users who it says “Awaiting Activation”

Two guys I know signed up and they both activated their accounts fredward and MrFurtune but cant post or anything.

They are active but cant post and when they try and resend code it says You cannot resend your account activation email as all registrations must be approved by an Administrator.

I wonder if everyone needs to be a amdin to approve users? Has to be a way. Keep digging Kerim lol. And thanks for all your help Smile
(07-29-2021, 06:14 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(07-29-2021, 05:45 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:

Thanks.  I have been exchanging PMs with him on SA.  He'll be along soon.

Thanks.  I will ask him to try to post today.  

Divmenow.  I know I should just be quiet after admitting I am not a techie, but I have a feeling moderator is something like "official hall monitor" in school.  You can put somebody in time out and maybe delete posts?  I hope not or we've made no progress yet.
(07-29-2021, 07:05 AM)divmenow Wrote: Two guys I know signed up and they both activated their accounts fredward and MrFurtune but cant post or anything.

No worries, and sorry it is all so clunky. But we'll get it sorted!

I just now activated fredward and MrFortune, and mid range a couple of hours ago. So they should all be able to post now.

We'll try making you guys admins next to see if that gives you the access you need to activate accounts, but the screens and settings for admins looks the same to me as for mods.
I got these emails from one of the user trying to be activated as well. Weird thing is they signed up long ago, but cant be activated. The problem I think lies with the activation codes. None work lol

This is what happens.....

You have entered an invalid account activation code. To resend all activation emails to the email address on file, please click here (Activation codes don't work )

You cannot resend your account activation email as all registrations must be approved by an Administrator. (They get this when trying to resend activation codes)

As a admin can you click on any user and just approve them?

Shouldn't once you sign up to the forum get a welcome message and all that? Its been so long I don't remember the process lol
Feel free to ignore me if I am being annoying Kerim, but maybe give Divmenow Admin authority and they can discuss the difference in their powers even when you aren't here? I know you'll get it sorted.
(07-29-2021, 07:44 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Feel free to ignore me if I am being annoying Kerim

Not even a little annoying -- I truly appreciate that you all care enough to get this place in order!

(07-29-2021, 07:44 AM)fenders53 Wrote: but maybe give Divmenow Admin authority and they can discuss the difference in their powers even when you aren't here?  I know you'll get it sorted.

Done, and good idea. Div -- let us know if that changed anything for you.

Also, I see that two new users were activated yesterday, and I know that I didn't do it. So either one of the new Mods was able to accomplish that, or something else is afoot. (I believe that people who join up using TapaTalk may be able to bypass the overly-strict measures that I put into place a while back and that prevented new activations while I was AWOL. So that could explain it.) Thoughts?