Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Migration discussion
(07-26-2021, 04:54 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: So glad to see you're back Kerim.  I was really worried.

So if you're in between jobs, you must actually be living off your dividends in the meantime.  We would love to see how you're doing it.  Looking forward to seeing a post from you in the My Portfolio section.

Thanks, and sorry again.

I'm pretty happy with the level of dividend income I've achieved so far, but it is (sadly) still well below my monthly expenses. So this hiatus is going to be funded mostly from savings (gulp), with the dividends providing a bit of a cushion overall. (And a lot of those dividends are in tax-advantaged accounts that I can't tap yet anyway.)

I'll do a portfolio update when I can, but my spreadsheets are SO out of date. That's one thing I truly love about a well-constructed DG portfolio -- you can ignore it for long periods of time without losing a lot of sleep, even through a pandemic. But one of my highest priorities with this time off is getting my finances back in order and up to date. In the meantime, I'll try to do a quick post about the (few) things I've bought since I dropped off.