• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weight loss
(04-28-2021, 05:43 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(04-27-2021, 08:09 PM)rayray Wrote: idk...i like wine and pasta and that's that
Have you given any thought to a side hustle as a nutritionist?  Big Grin

lol

okay

fenders,

FIRST, we open up a couple of three bottles of wine, two reds and one white--let them breathe a little bit--fill the glasses with fruit then add the wine

we place out a big bowl of cabonata, some chunks of parmesan, fresh cured sardines, spicy and sweet soppressata, olive oil and some good toasted bread...

eating and drinking the wine...

SECOND, we have a plate of pasta with marinara sauce, more bread and wine...

we open another bottle of wine, cause the two reds are gone--let's go for a bottle of rose, it'll mix well with the white

THIRD, we break out the meat, sausage, chicken and a little beef, it was cooking in the marinara so it's nice and saucy--more bread and wine

FORTH, more wine and we have a plate of green beans, fava beans and broccoli rabe, drizzle some olive oil and red wine vinegar on top

finish up the wine and eat the fruit...

FIFTH, we have a piece of whacky cake with a espresso and a little sambuca

let's have another espresso with sambuca...

now let's break out the limoncello and grappa, about 3 shots a piece, maybe 4

okay...we not done....let's break out the creamy limoncello....another 2 maybe 3 shots a piece...

that's about it--we're all done and down for the count
Ha, I would have to Google some of that.
Getting me so hungry reading that! If we ever have a DGI forum gathering, that's what we're eating & drinking.
(04-26-2021, 07:27 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(04-12-2021, 06:16 AM)NilesMike Wrote:
(04-12-2021, 06:00 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I don't know about the rest of you, but I maintained my normal weight through June of last year, then I started getting sweets and stopped exercising and ballooned up 15 pounds.  In January I started an aggressive New Year's resolution for exercise, and I did not budge a pound off my weight.  I'd work out, get hungry, and eat.  A couple weeks ago I stopped working out as much.  Now I'm finally starting to see some weight loss.  Go figure.

I am 61 years old, have been weight training for 48 years. The more I train with weights, my bodyweight stays up. The only way I can lose on the scale is running and bodyweight calisthenics. Some light weight training can also be included. It is weird but I finally figured out what works for me.

The weather is beautiful here in Boston now.  I really need to start running 2-3 times a week.

I'm down from a high of 159 to 156.4.  If I put as much effort into weight loss as I do my portfolio, I should make it to my goal weight of 137 right? Smile

Progress update: it's coming off slowly, but I'm down to 153.6.  Still a *long* way to go.  Portion control is the biggest thing; I am trying to stop eating as soon as I feel content.  I would really like to be back in the 140s by year's end.