Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your winners & losers today?
(08-13-2022, 12:09 PM)rayray Wrote:
(08-13-2022, 09:59 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Back to port ATH.  Three days in row now.  Longest streak this year by about 2 1/2 days.  I am only up a little over 1% but that feels like a win this year.

i'm still in the "red" for the year

41 individual holdings--i feel much better with a smaller higher quality portfolio even though some holdings are larger then i've ever held in the past

plus 

5 mutual fund/ETF--i'm actually thinking of dumping the foreign MF--not sure if it's actually needed since a lot of U.S. based companies have a global reach--plus the foreign fund just doesn't perform as well as the others--i've been in this fund for 25 years and it lags a bit--i don't see that changing in the next 10 to 12 years (what's left of my working career)

of course the day i dump it is the day it outperforms lol
I used to own a diversified foreign ETF in the 1990s.  That was back when they occasionally outperformed.  I am sure we could pick a country and win some years but that I don't think either of us are really looking for more research projects.  

I definitely feel better with less holdings of higher quality.  I did OK this year, but oil is some of why I am actually green both YTD and ATH with no new money added.  I still sell options of curse and being hedged with covered calls has worked very well some months.  Not July lol.  Nothing works always.  The one advantage to what I do is I am not down significantly at any point this year.  Nothing like the indexes.  It's easier to ride the dips now that I am retired. I am just not excited about being down 20%+ if I can greatly lessen the chance of that. If it means I never see an up 25% year again, I think I can live with that.  I'll have to be lol.

Messages In This Thread
What are your winners & losers today? - by 2R45 - 04-29-2021, 08:42 AM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by backroadbob - 12-20-2021, 07:11 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-22-2022, 12:49 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-28-2022, 08:50 AM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by fenders53 - 08-13-2022, 01:54 PM