Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your winners & losers today?
(01-15-2022, 10:04 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: The joy of dividend growth stocks is that they give you two ways to win.  Price increase is the best, but if that's not working out, you still have the dividend increase to look forward to.  Also, price increases are also often thwarted later on, whereas dividend cuts are rare.

I'm currently planning an approximately 75/25/10 split of new money into dividend growth / pure growth / income stocks this year, so ideally I'll get up to ~ $1,000/month of yummy dividends.
Exactly.  I see the youtube kids down 75% on a port full of no profit companies that pay zero dividends.  I absolutely knew it was coming but take no joy in their pain.  It's an awful feeling to realize you may get zero return from your entire portfolio for five years or more.  Not even a small dividend you can DRIP.  It's not a good feeling, and turns people away from investing for a decade.  We need the younger generations to help us run stocks higher.  When it happened to me I cut my losses, loaded up with JNJ-XEL etc and turned that port off for 5 years.  That is when I learned dividends can take away a lot of the sting eventually.

Messages In This Thread
What are your winners & losers today? - by 2R45 - 04-29-2021, 08:42 AM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by backroadbob - 12-20-2021, 07:11 PM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by fenders53 - 01-15-2022, 10:19 AM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-22-2022, 12:49 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-28-2022, 08:50 AM