Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your winners & losers today?
(01-04-2022, 07:21 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(01-04-2022, 06:44 PM)fenders53 Wrote: I am at ATH the last few days.  That hasn't happened much for 6 weeks.  I have increased my tech exposure a lot lately so I won't be escaping tech or index beatdowns like I did most of last year.

That must give you a lot of confidence to enter retirement.

I'm only $5k away from ATH in E*Trade.

I'm very itchy for the trading window to open again so I can sell company stock, move the cash into E*Trade, and start meeting my 2022 targets.  Although, I may sell, hold onto the cash for a while, and wait for a huge dip.
You know I think you are smart to keep trimming the company stock.  It's good you have a 2022 plan but the world won't stop turning if you can't make all your scheduled purchases.  Let the market be the boss.  It makes no sense to pay too much for div stocks.  Even with my largish account, sometimes I buy ten shares of something and it runs 25% overvalued in a month.  At some point I just take my couple hundred buck profit and put it back on the watchlist.  I'll get another chance and it doesn't matter when with thousands of other choices.  

Who knows if the big market dip is even coming, but watch individual stocks get beat up weekly.  You'll be amazed how much better you feel if you have $10K ready to nibble some deals.  Holding cash is going to kill you so maybe park it in a boring aristocrat that is down, or an extremely short-term bond fund.  Collect a bit of income. If the market gets hammered and you take a fastball to the ribs, you lose a couple percent and shake it off, and buy something good that is down 20%.  You might be amazed how much less helpless that makes you feel.  If the day comes I will trim JNJ or my beloved UTEs.  Because that just makes sense.    

This is a mind game when it goes bad.  Be ready, even if it's a year from now.  I can't imagine having zero cash when a stock I want gets crushed for a few weeks.

Messages In This Thread
What are your winners & losers today? - by 2R45 - 04-29-2021, 08:42 AM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by backroadbob - 12-20-2021, 07:11 PM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by fenders53 - 01-04-2022, 10:01 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-22-2022, 12:49 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-28-2022, 08:50 AM