Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your winners & losers today?
Several "specs" I play with are SOFI-TTCF-DKNG-PLTR and a few others.

These are SPAC offerings. They all have a good story and will likely be profitable. Maybe very profitable or acquired. They look cheap because they launched on the offering and crashed. They really aren't so cheap on true fundamentals.

Take a look at TTCF. They have a good story and are growing like a weed. In all the large grocery chains lightening fast Shorts are all over it so it is very volatile. When it gets sub 18 I make money and it usually doesn't take too long. Shorts are playing with fire but at the end of the day it's a food stock and trends can change. None of these stocks are profitable and some have little chance for two years. I played the swing on DKNG with football season coming. They are the first mover but I see no long-term MOAT. If you play with SPACs know what is on with share dilution and insiders enriching themselves. A lot of them play some games with shares.

Anyway I keep the spec list very short and bother to follow the drama and financials. I trade these but the reality is if I bought small positions in all on a hard market dip it's pretty likely a few would work out as investments.

P.S. if you short TTCF now you borrow shares and the current interest rate is 50% APR. They need to be right and it needs to happen VERY soon. The stock popped 25%+ on most of them and they are paying beyond loan shark interest. It's a crazy risky game.

Messages In This Thread
What are your winners & losers today? - by 2R45 - 04-29-2021, 08:42 AM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by fenders53 - 09-05-2021, 05:00 PM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by backroadbob - 12-20-2021, 07:11 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-22-2022, 12:49 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-28-2022, 08:50 AM