Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your winners & losers today?
A Tale of Two Ports

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Okay, so technically both the Taxable and the ROTH were up today, but you know how sometimes your baseball team wins despite making a half dozen errors and blowing the lead 5 times? That was the Taxable's day.

The Taxable Account was marginally up because SOXL and TECL were up, but there was a lot of red otherwise. In particular, my financials are unhappy. COF continues to free fall, but today's loser was the PFL Pimco Income Strategy Fund which cut its dividend and fell 7%. PCI, a similar Pimco fund, did not cut its dividend, and also fell nearly 2%. FAS, my financials 3x etf, dropped as well. Actually, it's been fun to watch a 3-way competition play out between FAS, SPXL (S&P 500 tripler), and CURE (health stocks like JNJ tripler). I have 100 shares of each, and all 3 were at $125 a few days ago. And CURE has taken an early lead, up to $132, while SPXL remains at $125 and FAS has dropped to $122.

The ROTH is a different story. All 9 of my equities in there were green today, and it finally crested over the $100k mark, led by MRNA and NVDA. Woohoo! (And the stock in there with the lowest value is ADBE, who is now 92 cents away from joining the $8k club).

Messages In This Thread
What are your winners & losers today? - by 2R45 - 04-29-2021, 08:42 AM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by ken-do-nim - 09-03-2021, 04:31 PM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by backroadbob - 12-20-2021, 07:11 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-22-2022, 12:49 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-28-2022, 08:50 AM