Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your winners & losers today?
(06-18-2021, 09:22 AM)EricL Wrote: I didn't like the growth history of CSIQ compared with ENPH and SEDG. They seem to be more consistent with higher growth. I'm willing to pay up for that, especially since this is my speculative account.

Agreed.  Their expansion in progress this year is what attracts me.  I've been selling puts since I started researching them last year.  It's been easy money most of the time but I got exercised at $40 a month or so ago so I have 100 long shares now.  I keep myself at risk of owing a couple hundred more most of the time.  I've milked a lot of premiums so I would have a real entry basis around $25.  It works until it doesn't Eric.  The premiums I make off ENPH and SEDGE have been nuts, but when I get bit I'll instantly own most shares than I care to.  This is about the riskiest thing I do.  I've practiced this a thousand times with much cheap shares getting as comfortable as possible.  If you ever hear me say "well I just bought $100K in solar today", this is how it happened.  Smile 

To be honest the sane way to play solar is what we already do, own full positions in the green leaning UTEs.

Messages In This Thread
What are your winners & losers today? - by 2R45 - 04-29-2021, 08:42 AM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by fenders53 - 06-18-2021, 09:30 AM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by backroadbob - 12-20-2021, 07:11 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-22-2022, 12:49 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-28-2022, 08:50 AM