Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your winners & losers today?
(06-17-2021, 05:59 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I should have gone into solar by now.  My bad.
While I do believe there is a bright future for the eventual winners, they are over-valued and overhyped.  They are just something for traders to move in and out of.  I stick to the currently profitable ones as they are less likely to lose 75% of their value if the political winds change.  If I were more confident I would only own two instead of six names.  The problem is the ones that can 5X are the small ones that can -5X.  No different than buying a tech stock that has been in business for a year and bleeding cash.  

I do own long shares but most of my solar profits are from selling options to the gamblers every time they dip.  The premiums are very good because the stocks swing in a 25% range for no particular reason.  RUN is a good example.  They announced margin pressure like a mentioned a week or too ago.  It's going to happen or they would not have warned.  Two weeks later major brokerages put a screaming buy recommendation on them and raised their price target to double current share price.  A month from now they'll blow earnings and the stock will tumble.  The manipulators will have already executed a swing trade they orchestrated.  I don't like the gamesmanship at all but I don't make the rules.  You can't keep a port full of this stuff and I don't.  There is just no way to manage it short of staring at a monitor and day trading it.

Messages In This Thread
What are your winners & losers today? - by 2R45 - 04-29-2021, 08:42 AM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by fenders53 - 06-18-2021, 04:27 AM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by backroadbob - 12-20-2021, 07:11 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-22-2022, 12:49 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-28-2022, 08:50 AM