Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your winners & losers today?
Not much to report recently. On the bright side, there are only 6 equities in my taxable portfolio sporting a loss, and of the 6, 4 are recent pickups. The two others are:
  • HPQ, no doubt affected by the chip shortage even though they are doing well
  • ORC, which had a big drawdown all at once one day from $6 to $5.20 or so, but has been slowly climbing back up since; dividend remains over 13%

I probably shouldn't have put a Stop price on WEBL the week before last, since it finally soared back up, but I didn't want to be so leveraged and I was worried about another inflation drawdown like last month. But I think it's as trustworthy as TECL and SOXL, which means to say for a triple fund it has some backbone to it. Amazon/Netflix/Paypal/Facebook/Google etc. Next time I free up some cash I'll get back into it, especially if the inflation worries start to fade.

Closing in on $200k. That will be a nice milestone to hit.

The ROTH has been more stagnant, stuck around $86k. Maybe I bring WEBL in over there, but of course without new money coming in, that means trimming or getting out of other positions. I have TECL and TQQQ in both the taxable and the ROTH in large quantities, so maybe the answer is trimming on them. I'd also like to bring ISRG and APPS into the ROTH.

Company stock finally returned to $130/share. Hooray! I've liquidated about $12k so far this year (at $120/share), and the plan is to liquidate at least $20k more.

Messages In This Thread
What are your winners & losers today? - by 2R45 - 04-29-2021, 08:42 AM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by ken-do-nim - 06-11-2021, 07:15 PM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by backroadbob - 12-20-2021, 07:11 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-22-2022, 12:49 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-28-2022, 08:50 AM