Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your winners & losers today?
(06-08-2021, 07:26 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: > You're a techie, ask around and find a better explanation.  

Apparently they haven't raised prices despite the increased demand appears to be one of them.

> I'd rather own three times as much SOX as SOXL though.

Interesting.  SOXX up 14.51% so far this year, SOXL up 25.04% this year.  I'll watch and see if that gap narrows.  

> Hold on to your WEC.

Absolutely.  The only UTE I dropped was NEE, and I can see it's still going down.  You were very prophetic on that one.

Of all the equities I bought in March but dropped by April when I trimmed, I think selling ISRG was the biggest mistake.
SOXX should only be up 8 1/2% if SOXL were giving 3X returns.  As you're well aware option fees take a monthly bite when it churns.  Unfortunately SOXL probably enjoys the full down 3X+ when things go real bad.  (which I don't expect to happen soon). 

NEE is a good UTE and I own plenty only because it is popular, but I trimmed on the big run off the low.  Smaller UTEs with a similar business plan will likely outperform their business results the next few years and it will be noticed eventually.  NEE is like TSLA or a FANG stock.  It's the star of the sector and it will move with the group when QQQ runs whether it deserves to or not (for now).  It has traded with the tech stocks for years now.  I'll keep watching UTE conference calls.  It's not hard to see who is currently executing.

Messages In This Thread
What are your winners & losers today? - by 2R45 - 04-29-2021, 08:42 AM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by fenders53 - 06-08-2021, 08:22 PM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by backroadbob - 12-20-2021, 07:11 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-22-2022, 12:49 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-28-2022, 08:50 AM