Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your winners & losers today?
You leave QQQ alone Smile Yeah I understand. And keep in mind I have like 3 different portfolios spread across 2 accounts. There's the triples, the DGI, and the income producers. Eventually I want the taxable account to be just about 100% DGI and income producers, and the ROTH to be 100% growth but only maybe 1/3 triples, 1/3 growth etfs and 1/3 individual growth stocks. The triples were absolutely the right move for 2020, but now I'd like to expand out. Ironically, the first non-triple ETF I tried was BDRY. Dry Bulk Shipping, should be boring right? Not so far! Admittedly I did buy it because it's the top ETF of 2021 so far. Anyway I'm going to give my triples some time to recover before I start breaking them apart. Especially NAIL. Over in the taxable, I will probably wait for next year to break up the big nasdaq 3 (SOXL, TECL, WEBL).

So far the steadiest triples - the ones I actually don't worry about on a daily basis - are:
  • SPXL - S&P 500
  • DDM - Dow 30
  • CURE - healthcare index , last I checked 10% JNJ and when I sold JNJ I just put the proceeds into this
  • FAS - financial services
  • DFEN - defense , though note that the 2020 drawdown killed its prior run which it never recovered to
  • MIDU - mid caps
  • DRN - real estate
  • TPOR - transportation
  • DPST - banking

Also, if I was more evenly balanced I would have been up today. My ROTH has more green than red, but the big money is all in the reds.

Messages In This Thread
What are your winners & losers today? - by 2R45 - 04-29-2021, 08:42 AM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by ken-do-nim - 05-21-2021, 04:44 PM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by backroadbob - 12-20-2021, 07:11 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-22-2022, 12:49 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-28-2022, 08:50 AM