Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your winners & losers today?
(05-13-2021, 02:03 PM)ChadR Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 05:47 PM)fenders53 Wrote: And tonight's portfolio update.  (There is some small chance somebody from Texas might understand the reference)

............."well the interest is up and the stock market's down, you only get mugged if you go downtown......"

Big country high five to whomever knows the next line lol. Smile

Big red day in the fenders port.  Oil was up, Pfizer just a bit.  

ARRY down 45%. That forum record will not be broken soon!!!  I've never been crushed like that on anything unleveraged.  The good news is I just started a long position pre-earnings.  Only owned like $250 worth.  Added a few shares during the carnage because I am bold (stupid) like that. The real bad news is I sold a put so I am on the hook for 100 shares at $25.  I sold it WAAAY out of the money and it was a safe spec play, except it wasn't.  I'll roll it forward as long as I can to ease the pain.  

Total port down a bit under 1% today. I can live with that as I was prepared for this event.  It could be much worse.

While a Texan, and born and raised a small town Texan, I don't listen to country music.  Outside of some George, Garth, and some early to mid 90s county, I don't know much.  I think this is from A Country Boy can Survive, and if the title isn't the next line, I'm clueless to what it is.  Though I'm not positive that line is even in the song.  So I could be swinging and missing on the song.
Almost forgot to respond.  I am awarding you the win.  Yes it's from "A Country Boy Can Survive".  Next line is "I live back in the woods you see...."  About the only country song that speaks of financial markets and  fishing I think?  Smile  The country was coming out of the horrible 70's economy.  Song is almost 40yrs old.  Modern Bro country music is unrecognizable.  It was Hank JR, George Strait and Alan Jackson for me.  And of course Garth.  He was the  ballad guy and he did it well.  It headed off in an odd direction from there.  My family is from Houston and Fort Smith.  Deere and IH brought them to Iowa.

Messages In This Thread
What are your winners & losers today? - by 2R45 - 04-29-2021, 08:42 AM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by fenders53 - 05-14-2021, 09:23 AM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by backroadbob - 12-20-2021, 07:11 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-22-2022, 12:49 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-28-2022, 08:50 AM