Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your winners & losers today?
(04-28-2021, 04:27 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Day I thought I'd have: up $10,000
Day I had: down $2500
Disappointment factor: $12,500

Well, maybe tomorrow will be better.

In the meantime, today's clear winner - no one was even close percentage-wise - was HRZN, who is essentially the Magneto of stocks.  One day the hero, the next day the villain.  Or to put it another way, it's an honorary triple, but with a 7.41% dividend to boot.

Today's loser was, again, SOXL, followed closely by TXN.  Very discouraging on the chip front but I'm absolutely certain that by the end of the year my chip investments will make me ecstatic.
I am confident you won't regret holding your chips this year, and probably next year too.  Just trim and not panic when it makes sense.  This isn't all or nothing and we never know what next week brings.

Chips confuse me.  Ford just announced they are cutting production 50% next quarter due to a chip shortage.  That's a pretty big deal.  Automotive chips are not high end tech.  I don't know if they are covering up a demand problem or their shortage is real.  They have the bucks to buy a suppliers complete attention.  

My day was the usual.  I oscillate less than 1/2%.  I absolutely smoked my weekly income record so it's all good.  I have plenty of new cash to buy something nice when the opportunity happens.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by fenders53 - 04-28-2021, 04:53 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by 2R45 - 04-29-2021, 08:42 AM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by backroadbob - 12-20-2021, 07:11 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-22-2022, 12:49 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-28-2022, 08:50 AM