Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your winners & losers today?
(04-14-2021, 07:43 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: That's great Fenders.

I didn't really want to talk about today, but okay here goes.  It started pretty well.  After talk of possibly having him hit lower in the order, HIBL hit a monster 3 run shot into the bleachers, plating in RETL and RIO, and NAIL pitched a quality start.  Relievers FAS, DFEN, and NLY followed up with holds.  But then young reliever MARA came in to get the save, walked the bases loaded, and gave up a grand slam, and then the normally reliable bullpen led by TECL and WEBL just couldn't stop the bleeding.  Meanwhile, top slugger SOXL admits he's in a rut, but that he's watching video and working on his swing and is expected to bust out any day now.  Lead-off man SPXL broke his hitting streak.
LOL, you put some work into that.  Didn't even mention the Twins either.  Smile  That's another thread. 

I am actually glad you guys put the bad influence on me and I got just a little more aggressive the past 6 months.  Mostly glad I have been buying at least a little of good stocks that get hammered on a minor earnings miss.  Even just a few K here and there adds up when they all bounce back.  I went in big on the utility dip.  That's really the only thing I jumped hard enough on.  My put selling is a constant income source.  I haven't hit many home runs but it's been a really good year.  I really have been batting about .700 for 2021.  Market has a great day.  I'm up $3K when it would have been $7K if I was invested like I was when I was 50yrs old.  But then there are those days when all the indexes are down 1%+ and my port is up $500 or so.  That adds up too as it happens day after day.  I'm just hitting a whole lot of singles and the upwards trending market means nothing pulls back for real, for very long.  The past six months have been my very best run in a long time.  I'm not even counting the bounce off the MAR lows that everyone saw.  That's good because I got bulldozed last MAR.  Way worse than you would have thought since I hit the beginning of the dip about half in cash.  I just jumped back in too soon, and trimmed or sold some winners many months early.  I never even dreamed the market would do this well before the recovery got any real traction.  So many sectors have run too far.  I'm not even talking about tech.  Restaurants trading way above pre-Covid  prices is an example.  I just can't chase that now.  I missed it.  Always the one that got away.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by fenders53 - 04-14-2021, 08:10 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by 2R45 - 04-29-2021, 08:42 AM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by backroadbob - 12-20-2021, 07:11 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-22-2022, 12:49 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-28-2022, 08:50 AM