Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Triple leveraged drawdown selling rule
Yes I've made it all completely mechanical now. I have my target sell numbers. My sunglasses are already cracked, since I've now suffered two major drawdowns:
1) TECL when covid hit. Sure it came back to where it was in just a few months, but that still doesn't excuse not selling when it started to tumble.
2) LABU's rise and fall. From the point of view of "bought at 60, sold at 70 in a year" it sounds like a normal stock, but that overlooks the fact that I could have made a ton of money on that rise.
With these new target sell numbers, I'll be selling high and buying low with these much more often. I think it will be rare for one of these funds to go longer than a year without a dip that causes a sell. This *could* be really awesome.

To your point about diversification, I've done well with that. I didn't display all the ones I have. I have FAS which is financial, RETL for retail, SPXL for the S&P 500, and yeah they all go in different directions on any given day. TECL and TQQQ are the most closely tied since they cover the same stocks with just different weighting. Admittedly I have way more money in TECL and SOXL than any of the others, but that's partly because they earned it. Also I'm trying to move the triples all into my ROTH and out of my taxable. My ROTH is currently 100% triples and I do plan to keep it that way.

I'm looking forward to learning about options, calls, & puts.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Triple leveraged drawdown selling rule - by ken-do-nim - 03-31-2021, 08:12 PM
Triple leveraged drawdown selling rule - by vbin - 04-01-2021, 05:24 AM
Triple leveraged drawdown selling rule - by vbin - 04-06-2021, 12:43 PM
Triple leveraged drawdown selling rule - by vbin - 04-06-2021, 12:48 PM