Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Top 10 Largest Holdings (2021)
We have a great thread about this in 2018 (here!) and 2019 (here!) but rayray is getting old and forgot to put one up for 2020 and 2021!

I do love reading through these. And also reading through the old ones and seeing all the silly choices we made back then!

I'm too lazy to compile all the info into a chart. If someone feels like doing that, great. If not, then we will just learn to read like we did in the good old days before charts etc.  Tongue

My top 10:
HON
CM.to
RTX
LOW
JNJ
UI
TD.to
LHX
WTRG
ERE-un.to

(I'm really not sure how that last one made it to the top 10 but somehow it does appear to be there)
Including everything in my taxable accounts and my ROTH IRA ...

1. PEGA
2. TECL
3. SOXL
4. TQQQ
5. RETL
6. LABU
7. NAIL
8. AVGO (the first DGI one!)
9. MSFT
10. CURE
Love these threads, and mister defensive port checks in....

From largest to smallest position, just sold some NEE as I was heavily overweighted due to a put assignment.

1. AEP
2. LHX
3. NEE
4. LMT
5. BMY
6. XEL
7. JNJ
8. WEC
9. PEP
10. WELL

WELL is gonna go as soon as some covered calls drop. I have a number of index ETF/Mutuals that would make about #8 on this list but confined it to individual stocks. I remain committed to UTEs, Defense and Pharma.

Ray is getting kinda old and forgetful. He is probably a year older than me lol.
1. MSFT
2. AAPL
3. NSC
4. PAYX
5. PG
6. MCD
7. PM
8. O
9. PEP
10. INTC

A lot of Tech in my top 10. O might be the only one in my top 10 that I add to this year.
My top ten in descending order at this time:

JNJ
V
BTI
KO
DIS
CVX
PEP
T
PSX
XOM
(03-22-2021, 11:08 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Love these threads, and mister defensive port checks in....

1. AEP
2. LHX

I knew you liked LHX but never thought it was even close to being one of your largest positions. 
Well done. I wish my LHX position would be higher on the list, I know I've certainly tried (and will keep trying if it stays around these prices) ... but for some reason it appears that I only have a limited amount of money to throw at stocks each month. Big Grin
As of today's market close.

1. DLR 3.68%
2. LOW 3.62%
3. AAPL 3.11%
4. AVGO 2.92%
5. WSO 3.08%
6. MO 2.80%
7. MSFT 2.74%
8. ABT 2.72%
9. TGT 2.72%
10. LMT 2.63%
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(03-22-2021, 03:45 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 11:08 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Love these threads, and mister defensive port checks in....

1. AEP
2. LHX

I knew you liked LHX but never thought it was even close to being one of your largest positions. 
Well done. I wish my LHX position would be higher on the list, I know I've certainly tried (and will keep trying if it stays around these prices) ... but for some reason it appears that I only have a limited amount of money to throw at stocks each month. Big Grin
Yeah I like LHX and LMT a lot.  My top four aren't $2K apart in value though.  A bit under 4% of my port per position.  I need a pretty good price and a lot of conviction to exceed 3%.  Otherwise I am buying $3K or less until I feel comfortable.  We all have our comfort number.   I like NOC as well but I own enough MIL Defense now.  What has changed most in my port is I am in pretty deep on UTEs since the hard dip a few weeks ago.  More than I have ever owned and I patiently waited years for a few to drop into my serious buy range.  My cost basis after dividends on XEL was FREE.  I sure screwed up my average cost lately lol.  If they get slammed with interest rates I have room for a few more %.  After that I would need to seek counseling for my UTE addiction.  Smile  AEP isn't my favorite UTE sitting at #1.  It was just the best deal in the sector so I threw down lol.
Hey nothing wrong with being seriously invested in utes.
You'll be laughing with a high ute/defense portfolio if the markets decide to tumble for some reason.

Now that I think about it, I think we just narrowed down my two favorite sectors for a super long term portfolio. Too bad utes have been overvalued for an eternity now.
(03-22-2021, 10:42 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Including everything in my taxable accounts and my ROTH IRA ...

1. PEGA
2. TECL
3. SOXL
4. TQQQ
5. RETL
6. LABU
7. NAIL
9. MSFT
10. CURE
Only three triple leveraged funds in your top 4 positions?  That won't be boring.  Big Grin
(03-22-2021, 05:27 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 10:42 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Including everything in my taxable accounts and my ROTH IRA ...

1. PEGA
2. TECL
3. SOXL
4. TQQQ
5. RETL
6. LABU
7. NAIL
9. MSFT
10. CURE
Only three triple leveraged funds in your top 4 positions?  That won't be boring.  Big Grin

PEGA is arguably worse than my triple leveraged funds too when it comes to volatility.  TECL, SOXL, TQQQ, RETL, LABU, NAIL are all triple leveraged, as is CURE.  Both Microsoft and CURE (highest holding Johnson & Johnson) haven't moved in 6 months.  TECL and TQQQ have managed modest gains recently despite having Microsoft & Apple as their highest holdings.  SOXL, RETL, and LABU are all over the place.  NAIL had stalled out for a while but has recently gained traction.
(03-22-2021, 06:50 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 05:27 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

1. PEGA
2. TECL
3. SOXL
4. TQQQ
5. RETL
6. LABU
7. NAIL
9. MSFT
10. CURE

PEGA is arguably worse than my triple leveraged funds too when it comes to volatility.  TECL, SOXL, TQQQ, RETL, LABU, NAIL are all triple leveraged, as is CURE.  Both Microsoft and CURE (highest holding Johnson & Johnson) haven't moved in 6 months.  TECL and TQQQ have managed modest gains recently despite having Microsoft & Apple as their highest holdings.  SOXL, RETL, and LABU are all over the place.  NAIL had stalled out for a while but has recently gained traction.
So 7 of 10 triple leveraged and the #1 position is very volatile non-leveraged?  It will be exciting to watch this port for sure.