Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite investing boardgame?
I have two oldies that I love.

Stocks & Bonds features ten different securities to buy, from the steady payout of bonds to the value trap of Shady Brooks to the "DGI" Growth Corporation of America fund, but my favorite is to put it all on Stryker Drilling baby!  Oh and for you UTE fans, you'd be happy to know that the Valley Power & Light Company does pretty well.

The Stock Market Game is best with a full 6 players, because whether a stock rises or falls largely depends upon how many players are buying or selling it.  It doesn't have the colorful equities that the other game has, but arguably has more strategy as you try to outthink what the other players will do.  Has advanced rules for buying on margin and shorting that I haven't used.  Can also be played solo.

Those are my only two direct stock market games; though other games like Acquire and Executive Decision feature markets.

I'm sure there's a slew of newer games that feature stock market investing so let me know what you play.
I hate to allow a post to go ignored. I didn't know such a thing existed. Sounds like great fun for stock market nerds but I think I'd have trouble finding anyone else to play in my world. Smile
I appreciate that. Boardgames are huge now, so you'd be surprised who you could find to play. That said, these are 50+ year old games I mentioned and not what people are playing nowadays, so you'd need an open-minded crew.
(03-16-2021, 11:33 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I appreciate that.  Boardgames are huge now, so you'd be surprised who you could find to play.  That said, these are 50+ year old games I mentioned and not what people are playing nowadays, so you'd need an open-minded crew.
My family enjoys old board games.  It's become a holiday tradition when we get together.