Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First batch of DGI stocks to buy
(03-26-2021, 11:44 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: True, but I don't have many low growth higher dividend stocks.  Most of mine are either really high dividend, or have significant last 5 year growth.

On the flipside, my 5 worst recent acquisitions are:
Royal Caribbean, a reopening play so I'm still hoping, at -7.70%
Twilio, a tech stock, at -9.75%
Carnival Cruise Line, the other reopening play, at -10.49%
Moon, an innovation (non-leveraged) ETF that looks promising, at -12.35%
Square, "financial tech", at -15.42% (ouch!!!)

While the last 2 days have been great, I'm still overall down about $20k from where I'd like my portfolio to be.  It will have to "swim back up" on its own; after the refinance the budget is tight and I will likely be pulling the dividends out of the brokerage account and back into my checking account.

And my company stock is still mired in the 110s, so we won't discuss that Smile
I thought most of your DGI picks were solid.  I'm not qualified to judge much of your techie stuff.  The market takes an occasional break from insane PEs.  Just have to wait it out and see if they recover.  They will if the business is sound.  Unless you are selling them short term gains are meaningless.  My port continues to break all time highs.  Don't worry I'll get my chance to suffer when the market decides it hates half my sectors some morning lol.  

And the cruise line financials are trash for years, but don't despair.  I bet the Momo crowd will come back around to pick you up eventually.  Smile  The big money probably left the party for now.

Messages In This Thread
First batch of DGI stocks to buy - by ken-do-nim - 03-04-2021, 09:30 AM
RE: First batch of DGI stocks to buy - by fenders53 - 03-26-2021, 12:00 PM