Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First batch of DGI stocks to buy
(03-04-2021, 11:28 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: The list would help though.  I like your idea of categorizing the list by sector rather than just ranked by performance.
That is exactly the purpose of this forum and a thread like this.  We'll help you make your own list.  I know you have done some research already.  

Run the list back up to maybe 30-35
-then we can set some aside for better valuation someday.  
-some we can vote off the island until they demonstrate they can run a GROWING business into the FUTURE.  (PFE, T)
-keep culling until you have that list back to 20 (even if you only buy 12 next week.  Maybe weigh the purchase by current valuation.  (Not auto $2000 in each pick or whatever).  It's OK to buy 3X as much AVGO than another overpriced slow grower you want to build on a dip.  

The gang will help you cull.  I'd start by visiting the S&P 11 sector list.  Pick at least one name from each sector for consideration (whether you buy it now or later.)  Look at the Dividend Aristocrat list if you haven't lately.  Your list already contains many of them.   

Also, this is a DGI list and if you are like me we want some income now.  A few of the high Div stocks like ABBV can make the average yield acceptable now.  Consider a utility like AEP many of us like at current price.  It has a near 4% yield for now and actually grows the business and the dividend. There are others.  One UTE is enough for now.  I really like APD here for an industrial with a decent yield.  Or cheat a little and make that your materials sectors stock.  (They do sell elemental gases they "mine" from the atmosphere.  Those true materials stocks are better bought when the economy dips and they look like they will go BK.  I wouldn;t go deep in a chemicals company without a pullback.  Get a little yield and save a spot for a few low yielders that grow.  (Like MSFT or APPL on a hard dip).  One REIT would be appropriate for a DGI port too.  PEP is a good consumer staples stock on discount.  Some of this can (and probably should) be boring.  It won't seem so boring when it doesn't drop 50% in a bear market.  Smile

Put zero yield traps in this port.  Don't pretend they are DGI.

Messages In This Thread
First batch of DGI stocks to buy - by ken-do-nim - 03-04-2021, 09:30 AM
RE: First batch of DGI stocks to buy - by fenders53 - 03-04-2021, 12:12 PM