Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stonk Madness
(02-13-2021, 07:50 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Sigh.  Investing isn't supposed to be gambling (or, at least, no more than 5% of your portfolio).  Seems like each generation has to learn this all over again.
Yup.  I got my face torn off in the 2000 tech bubble.  What I was doing was NOTHING like what these kids are doing.  I was investing in very profitable companies that were sporting high PE's.  Earnings pulled back to half and I had already paid 3X too much for previous earnings.  

Today is gambling on steroids for some.
amazing--i must be living under a rock cause i missed this whole gme thing till it was over lol

i looked at gme months ago when it was under 5 per share--thought man--this company is going bankrupt and never looked again till fairly recently

that one guy with the youtube vids? cat something...he had over 31 million!! if true what happened to him?
You have 2 day tops to get in and get out. That's it. You stay in any longer then that and your winnings are gone lol

First there was GME, AMC, SKT, EXPR, KOSS and the list goes on (non of these companies are investable except SKT)
Then you had silver stocks (that lasted 6 hours) lol
Finally the weed stocks (There are some good companies here but not all will survive)

But I look at it like this.... When they go crazy and buy these stocks we get good dips in the good names
(02-14-2021, 08:55 AM)rayray Wrote: amazing--i must be living under a rock cause i missed this whole gme thing till it was over lol

i looked at gme months ago when it was under 5 per share--thought man--this company is going bankrupt and never looked again till fairly recently

that one guy with the youtube vids? cat something...he had over 31 million!! if true what happened to him?

"Roaring Kitty" or Deep F*** Value cashed in $7M that I am aware of.  He also rode some of it to the top and then back down.  I believe he is testifying before Congress on Friday.  It can be established he has been doing some good DD for over 6 months.  An activist got involved lately and GME was moving up some in a legitimate manner do an improved business.  

Kitty will be OK in the end, though I think he did participate in some of the MOMO hype for a few days.  I ran across another guy on the net that had been a GME fan for a long time and doing solid research.  He said a few hedge funds even contacted him to compare info.  

Guru is right.  A few days max and you better be out.  I'm afraid to do anything like this if I am even at work and might be distracted and unable to trade for a few hours.  Those weed stock drops were epic.  No second chance to get out.  At least not without an extended hold deep in the red.
I had zero interest in any of this GME madness but lol I did end up making $5k because I got out of my RETL index fund at the right time, then rebought at the bottom.
yea...it's not my style

i'm a steady eddy type investor

i went on that reddit page, must be an age thing because i don't know what they're talking about...the lingo used
GME chart is back to exciting. I haven't checked Reddit for weeks. I better go see what the villagers are up to today lol.
It did take a while, but it does appear that stonk goes up indeed. It's up another 70% or so in aftermarket at the time of writing.

whole reddit appears to be down for me and has been like that for over an hour.
Too many memes? Or another ddos attack by someone who is losing too much money? Who knows.. I just want my memes.
(02-24-2021, 05:09 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: It did take a while, but it does appear that stonk goes up indeed. It's up another 70% or so in aftermarket at the time of writing.

whole reddit appears to be down for me and has been like that for over an hour.
Too many memes? Or another ddos attack by someone who is losing too much money? Who knows.. I just want my memes.
I think the "annointed kitty" bought like 50K more shares at $50 several days ago. He is the Pied Piper.  They keep making this dude richer lol.  He is careful enough with his words.  I am only speculating here, but a bunch of new and maybe amateur shorts probably jumped in while it was struggling in a tightish range.  They'll get their lesson too.  More fireworks coming and Robinhood will look really dirty if they clip the rally off at the knees again. I'll enjoy the show, and feel no pity for anyone that fails to start taking profits when they get a double.  If this gets stupid again more rules are coming soon.  The hearing was lip service but the SEC is going to get forced if this thing does a 3X from todays close.
Trade block sizes were huge to close out the day. That has to be the work of the Hedgies. They know the Reddit crowd will jump in. Should run hard today. Everyone claims it's not shorted as much now. Another stressy day for Vlad lol.
STONK GO UP!
APE HAPPY!
(03-08-2021, 11:16 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: STONK GO UP!
APE HAPPY!
LOL, I never dreamed GME would get much above $50 again in the next five years.  It almost took out $200 again.  I wonder how many were crazy enough to lose money shorting it a second time?