Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stonk Madness
(06-03-2021, 07:19 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Personally, I might sell a couple of shares on the way up to cover my cost basis. Emphasis on might.
But my price target? Forget about the moon, I want to see the Oort cloud!

I know you have to good sense to keep your wager small.  I do wonder how many fools have their entire port in crypto and Reddit meme stocks.  I suspect it is substantial.  These are the tech bubble day traders of my generation.  We taught Mark "Paperhands" Cuban a lesson about selling out early.   Big Grin
(06-03-2021, 07:29 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I visited Reddit enough a few months ago to understand the primary theme.  I also understand the gambling thrill, let's get shorty etc.  You guys called it on the short squeeze and the internet manipulation on the long side as well.  Not judging, but I would be trimming after I clearly got my short squeeze. 

Just to be clear: 
We called the coming short squeeze. The big one. Not the tiny squeeze for ants that we saw in January. Smile

It remains to be seen if we are right or not.
(06-03-2021, 08:22 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 07:29 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I visited Reddit enough a few months ago to understand the primary theme.  I also understand the gambling thrill, let's get shorty etc.  You guys called it on the short squeeze and the internet manipulation on the long side as well.  Not judging, but I would be trimming after I clearly got my short squeeze. 

Just to be clear: 
We called the coming short squeeze. The big one. Not the tiny squeeze for ants that we saw in January. Smile

Then greed will get most of you if a 20 bagger isn't good enough.
(06-03-2021, 08:36 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

Just to be clear: 

Unfortunately my cost basis is quite a bit higher than $10 or $20. Big Grin

If it goes up 20x from my average buying price then yeah I might sell some :p
(06-03-2021, 09:17 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 08:36 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

Just to be clear: 

Unfortunately my cost basis is quite a bit higher than $10 or $20. Big Grin

If it goes up 20x from my average buying price then yeah I might sell some :p
To be clear, those that do have a sub $10 basis and not trimming are imbeciles.  Smile
Got my morning brief at Reddit. I have to admit it really works. My brain does feel smoother after 10 minutes. Smile
(06-04-2021, 06:20 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Got my morning brief at Reddit.  I have to admit it really works.  My brain does feel smoother after 10 minutes.  Smile

Good, you are learning! Big Grin
(06-05-2021, 01:37 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 06:20 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Got my morning brief at Reddit.  I have to admit it really works.  My brain does feel smoother after 10 minutes.  Smile

Good, you are learning! Big Grin
LOL it is entertaining if you don't take it too seriously.  As long as they don't spread themselves too thin they can probably keep a few stocks volatile for extended periods of time.  I don't know where AMC will top but they have some cash now so they can keep the debt wolves at bay.  They really have no choice and will probably play along with the narrative.  Doesn't look like they can dump many more shares on you until 2022.

I'll just keep face palming when I read the option discussions.  OMG the vast majority of them have no earthly clue how they actually work.  Smile
GERN may be next up. Will buy a few 100 this AM..
(06-21-2021, 06:16 AM)NilesMike Wrote: GERN may be next up. Will buy a few 100 this AM..
Has a fairly large short position so maybe.  They really need to concentrate their public market manipulation into fewer names though.   Big Grin
My ex-wife is starting to get concerned about her AMC shares. I bet she's out tomorrow.
(07-01-2021, 05:01 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: My ex-wife is starting to get concerned about her AMC shares.  I bet she's out tomorrow.
I don't see how AMC does anything but struggle going forward.  Looks like a dangerous hold.  GME has a new business model and cash so the Reddit craze bought them another chance.  Overvalued big time but GME won't be BK next year and that's where they were surely headed last fall.