Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earnings releases Today 1/25
Earnings releases I will be following today -

3M, RTX, LMT, JNJ, TXN, ADM

2 upcoming this week I am particularly interested in as I am researching whether I should invest - Olin reports on Thursday, Phillips 66 on Friday.

But first - A cup of Joe and barn critters to feed , Then some pancakes , sausage and eggs once chores done.
(Sheesh ! 4am came early today)

All enjoy your morning,

- Scoot
MSFT is the one I'll be looking at. I own LMT and ADM but their ERs won't have any impact on what I do. MSFT - and the market response to its earnings - will provide a lot of guidance on what tech may do, even though Microsoft is very different from, say, a chip company.
MSFT will be important to the market. Any tech that misses probably gets another beating. Hopefully FB and GOOGL ad revs are good enough.

Just caught headlines so far but JNJ was just OK. I suppose Omicron is interfering with elective procedures again?

RTX missed revenues. Maybe BA not quite ramped up yet? I'll listen to the call on that one. I'm holding longterm and probably won't add.
(01-25-2022, 07:38 AM)fenders53 Wrote: MSFT will be important to the market.  Any tech that misses probably gets another beating.  Hopefully FB and GOOGL ad revs are good enough.

Just caught headlines so far but JNJ was just OK.  I suppose Omicron is interfering with elective procedures again?

RTX missed revenues.  Maybe BA not quite ramped up yet?  I'll listen to the call on that one.  I'm holding longterm and probably won't add.
>

At present remaining underweight tech regardless of any reported earnings Will reassess sector individual investments mid year (except semi's, increasing share count with every market opportunities waaaay oversold). The best time to but Quality (semi's) is when good profitable companies experience short term economic pressures.

ADM beat Both Top and Bottom, Earnings and Revenues Surpass Estimates and Wall Street expectations.  Earnings of $1.50 per share, beating consensus Estimate of $1.36 per share. Represents quarterly earnings surprise of 10.29%

3M  - Earnings reported $2.31 a share and free cash flow of $1.5 billion from $8.6 billion in sales. Wall Street was looking for $2.01 a share and $1.3 billion in free cash flow from $8.6 billion in sales. Supply chain causing disruptions.

LMT - Quarterly earnings of $7.24 per share, beating consensus Estimate of $7.23 per share. This compares to earnings of $6.38 per share a year ago. This quarterly report represents an earnings surprise of 0.14% Supply chain disruptions mentioned.

RTX  - Beat earnings, missed Revenues, but has decent backlog of 150 Billion.  Supply chain causing disruptions.

JNJ - Quarterly earnings of $2.13 per share, beating consensus Estimate of $2.12 per share. This compares to earnings of $1.86 per share a year ago. This quarterly report represents an earnings surprise of 0.47%.
I am interested in big tech earnings for a couple reasons. They dominate QQQ and SPY and the market will get a big shock if a few of them miss. I was almost zero weight tech by late last year and it's been awhile since any of the big boys were at or near fair value. A couple in the port would be SWAN stocks for me.

I'll listen to the RTX call. CEO Hayes could sell me swamp land. Smile His projections are usually pretty accurate and honest.

Those 3M earnings look decent. They have been stuck in a rut for a long time.

I took ADM off my watchlist and vowed to never look again until a market crash. I sold it too early and not interested in the current yield for re-entry.