Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tech losers
Here’s a question. 

List the tech stocks you own and how much your down?

Not as far as percentage point value but point value. 

I’m down 12 points in TXN and that’s not too bad considering lol
I don't have exact points in front of me, but I am deeply underwater in META and AMZN (at least 50% on META!). Only a tiny bit down in GOOG thanks to the shares I bought much cheaper back in 2018-ish. And thankfully, I bought all of my AAPL back in 2012 and 2013, so my split-adjusted basis there is something like $20 per share (and similar story with CSCO and INTC).
Still very much in the green in UI. No plans to sell or buy more.
Down very deep in U. No plans to sell, might buy some more later on when things have calmed down.

Also down somewhat in MSFT and TXN. Buying more of these regularly, I think both are great companies to own.
Oh boy. It's not good.

AAPL - Bought at 157, so about 28 points down.
AVGO - Bought at 491, so I'm actually up quite a bit, almost 70 points. My favorite stock as you all know.
HPQ - Bought at 36, now down to 26, so down about 10 points. I'm not worried; this and Seagate will be back bigtime in 2025-2026.
MSFT - Bought at 288, so about 50 points down.
NVDA - Bought at 201, so about 55 points down.
ORCL - Bought at 81, it's at 81, so flat.
STX - Bought at 82, so about 30 points down. Again, people bought tons of computers in 2020, so demand will be low until people are ready for new ones.

I've got some small positions in others but not worth mentioning.

Edit: I had sold out of TXN back in 2021 but I do plan to get back into it. (I think I used it to buy ORCL)
I sold almost everything that wasn't boring DEC 21. Did some small swing trades on MSFT with success. I got slapped down by META and GOOGL along the way but bailed before it got too bad. I don't know how many points but I definitely lost over $3K on those two. I have nibbled QQQ on the major dips and that is still green, for now.....
I sold out of tech a long time ago once evolutions became stretched

I recently bought GOOG $84 and TXN at $156.20

I don't want to own too much tech in 2023 unless there trading at decent valuation. I still see most missing numbers and warning over the next 2-3 quarters
GOOG at $84 was a nice grab. It is nice to see tech rebounding a little, but if we get even close to that neighborhood again I'll be adding.