Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating a trust that pays your descendants
(10-19-2020, 04:51 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: This is indeed a very interesting topic. Thanks for starting it. I know this forum is indeed mostly based on how to create that retirement portfolio, much less about what happens to it when we end up 6 feet under.

I, hopefully, have some more decades before I even need to start thinking about this. But it's always good to get some new ideas. I currently don't have any kids, and currently not planning on any either, so this is indeed something that I do need to think about at some point. Something similar to this trust could be the answer indeed, assuming there is something left towards the end. Big Grin

If you get in a tight spot looking for heirs, don't forget your old DGI forum friends lol.  

My daughter knows I have a substantial stock port, and when she gave me trouble as a teenager I threatened more than once to will my entire estate to "The Cat Foundation".  Told her I'd put a clause in there so she could go pet kitties anytime she wants lol.  She wised up eventually and started threatening early nursing homes for me, so I was forced into peace talks.  Smile

Seriously though, I am almost certainly going to set up some of my money in a trust.  I truly don't think it is going to be as easy for her to save enough money for retirement.  Even if I only put $100K in an annuity 20 years in advance of her social security date, she would be one helluva lot better off.  I definitely plan to spend some of this money myself when the time is right.  There is nothing wrong with that.  I don't act like it sometimes, but life is much more than a money accumulating contest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creating a trust that pays your descendants - by fenders53 - 10-19-2020, 06:59 AM